With the combination of features and specs, it can’t be beaten. They can be expensive, leaving some to find one of the best 12 tb hard drives.
The 12 tb hard drives are designed to mimic the feel of the original products without the high price point or use of harmful materials.
This is why we dug in and came out with our list of the best 12 tb hard drives for anyone who might not be able to afford one or may not be a fan of this brand.
But is there any real merit to going the alternative route? Is it just a fad, or does ditching the minty stuff do you good?
Let’s take a look at some contenders for the teeth-cleaning crown!
Seagate IronWolf 12TB NAS Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache for...
|9.5||Buy on Amazon|
WD_BLACK 12TB D10 Game Drive for Xbox - Desktop External Hard Drive HDD (7200 RPM) with 1-Month Xbox...
|9.7||Buy on Amazon|
HGST Ultrastar DC HC520 HDD 12TB 7200 RPM SAS 12Gb/s Interface 3.5-Inch 512e ISE Helium Data Center...
|9.4||Buy on Amazon|
HGST - WD Ultrastar DC HC520 HDD | HUH721212ALE600 | 12TB 7.2K SATA 6Gb/s 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch...
|9.5||Buy on Amazon|
Toshiba X300 12TB Performance & Gaming 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive - CMR SATA 6 GB/s 7200 RPM 256...
|9.6||Buy on Amazon|
12TB Small Portable External Hard Drives, Mobile Hard Drives, High-Speed Mobile Solid State Drives,...
|9.5||Buy on Amazon|
BUFFALO LinkStation 220 12TB 2-Bay NAS Network Attached Storage with HDD Hard Drives Included NAS...
|9.6||Buy on Amazon|
Fantom Drives 12TB External Hard Drive HDD, GFORCE 3 Pro 7200RPM, USB 3.0, Aluminum, Fanless, On/Off...
|9.7||Buy on Amazon|
Seagate IronWolf ST12000VN0008 12 TB Hard Drive - SATA 600-3.5" Drive - Internal - 7200RPM - 256 MB...
|9.7||Buy on Amazon|
WD 12TB Elements Desktop External Hard Drive, USB 3.0 external hard drive for plug-and-play storage...
|9.3||Buy on Amazon|
List of Best 12 tb hard drives
Why Should You Use 12 tb hard drives
The 12 tb hard drives aren’t just necessary for avoiding the cost of pricey models; they’re also a little fun. There are many reasons people like having a 12 tb hard drives:
- Adds personalization and character
- It gives you a secure feeling
- Sometimes even better performance
- They can get more features than the original brand
- Some knock-off brands even manufacture the more solid product
- Variation in color, style & designs
- Make operations and processes more efficient.
- Dramatically reduce costs and waste.
Seagate IronWolf 12TB NAS Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache for RAID Network Attached Storage – Frustration Free Packaging (ST12000VN0008)
- IronWolf internal hard drives are the ideal solution for up to 8-bay, multi-user NAS environments craving powerhouse performance
- Purpose built for NAS enclosures, IronWolf delivers less wear and tear, little to no noise/vibration, no lags or down time, increased file-sharing performance, and much more
- Five-year limited product warranty protection plan and three year Rescue Data Recovery Services included
- Easily monitor the health of drives using the integrated IronWolf Health Management system and enjoy long-term reliability with 1M hours MTBF
- Store more and work faster with a NAS-optimized hard drive providing ultra-high capacity 12TB and cache of up to 256MB
WD_BLACK 12TB D10 Game Drive for Xbox - Desktop External Hard Drive HDD (7200 RPM) with 1-Month Xbox Game Pass - WDBA5E0120HBK-NESN
- Purpose-built for gamers based on WD_BLACK quality and reliability.
- 12TB so you can save and build your Xbox gaming collection up to 300 games. (As used for storage capacity, one gigabyte (GB) = one billion bytes and one terabyte (TB) = one trillion bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending on operating environment.) (Number of games based on a 36GB average per game. The number of games will vary based on file size, formatting, other programs, and factors.)
- 1-Month membership of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate included with purchase. (1-Month trial offer of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for new Xbox Game Pass members only. Limit: 1 per person/account. Available for a limited time. See product packaging for full details.)
- Two 7.5W USB Type-A charging ports to charge your gaming gear and accessories.
- 7200RPM drive with active cooling technology and speeds up to 250 MB/s. (Based on read speed and internal testing. As used for transfer rate, megabyte per second (MB/s) = one million bytes per second. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software components and configurations.)
HGST Ultrastar DC HC520 HDD 12TB 7200 RPM SAS 12Gb/s Interface 3.5-Inch 512e ISE Helium Data Center Enterprise Internal Hard Disk Drive HUH721212AL5200 (0F29530)
- Only works in servers
- Doesn't work in PCs
HGST - WD Ultrastar DC HC520 HDD | HUH721212ALE600 | 12TB 7.2K SATA 6Gb/s 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch Helium Data Center Internal Hard Disk Drive
- Instant secure erase (ISE), endurance optimized with field-proven helium design
- Dual safe firmware for reliable updates, 2.5M MTBF, power efficient with low idle W/TB than air-filled drives
- High capacity storage for big data storage applications, perfect for cloud and hyperscale storage that need durability and security
- Optimal for high-density data centers and centralized video surveillance for reliability, capacity density, and power efficiency
- 12TB of storage capacity, SATA III interface, 256MB buffer, 7200 RPM spindle rotational speed
Toshiba X300 12TB Performance & Gaming 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive - CMR SATA 6 GB/s 7200 RPM 256 MB Cache - HDWR21CXZSTA
- Toshiba's cache technology to deliver high-level performance in real time
- High Performance with 7200 RPM and large cache size
- Ramp loading and drive stabilization technologies for reliability
- Designed for gaming PC and high-end desktop workstations
- Massive capacity to accommodate large gaming libraries
12TB Small Portable External Hard Drives, Mobile Hard Drives, High-Speed Mobile Solid State Drives, Suitable for Notebook Computers 12tb, red
- Memory capacity: 12TB
- Size: 80*118*13mm
- Multi-system/device application, plug and play, can be connected to a laptop computer, connected to a desktop computer, connected to a smart TV, connected to a router.
- Color: red, blue, black gray, silver
- High-speed mini mobile SSD, slim, simple and stylish. The solid aluminum alloy one-piece structure makes you feel more comfortable. 2.5-inch usb3.0 notebook mobile hard drive, compatible with multiple systems, windows system to play games, MAC office. USB3.0 mobile hard disk, compatible with mobile phones and computers.
BUFFALO LinkStation 220 12TB 2-Bay NAS Network Attached Storage with HDD Hard Drives Included NAS Storage That Works as Home Cloud or Network Storage Device for Home
- BACK UP MULTIPLE COMPUTERS & DEVICES – PC backup software included, and you can set up automated backups of data on your computers and mobile devices.
- -ORGANIZE AND SECURE YOUR DATA – Use NAS as an easy-to-access central storage location. No more searching through different external drives or cloud accounts.
- SUBSCRIPTION-FREE PERSONAL CLOUD – Store and back up videos, music, and photos and access them from anywhere without paying any monthly storage charges.
- - SECURELY SHARE FILES WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS – Create individual access of folders to ensure your data remains private while securely share storage space or files with others.
- HASSLE-FREE INSTALLATION – Hard drive included, and no computer needed for setup. Simply connect the NAS to your router for instant shared network storage for all your devices at the same time. Product is compatible with PC, macOS, Android, and iOS.
Fantom Drives 12TB External Hard Drive HDD, GFORCE 3 Pro 7200RPM, USB 3.0, Aluminum, Fanless, On/Off Switch, Black, GF3B12000UP
- Transfer rates up to 250MB/s depending on capacity and up to 30% faster than 5400RPM drives. USB 3.0 cable included. Compatible with USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 (cable sold separately)
- Fanless hard-bodied aluminum provides protection for drives and doubles as a heat sink to keep temperatures cool and operation quiet
- GFORCE 3 Pro 7200RPM external hard drives are available from 1TB to a monstrous 20TB capacity. 2 Years Warranty when registered with Fantom Drives
- Fantom Drives GFORCE 3 Pro 7200RPM external hard drive is formatted for Windows and can easily be formatted for Mac
- Compatible with Windows (Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11), Mac OS X or newer (great for Time Machine backup), PlayStation (PS4) up to 8TB, Xbox One (Original, S, X)
Seagate IronWolf ST12000VN0008 12 TB Hard Drive - SATA 600-3.5" Drive - Internal - 7200RPM - 256 MB Buffer
- High instantaneous (burst) data-transfer rates (up to 600MB per second)
- 256 MB data buffer
- 7200 RPM spindle speed
- IronWolf 12TB 3.5 " Hard Drive - Seagate 3 Year Limited Warranty
- Full-track multiple-sector transfer capability without local processor intervention
WD 12TB Elements Desktop External Hard Drive, USB 3.0 external hard drive for plug-and-play storage - WDBWLG0120HBK-NESN
- High-capacity add-on storage
- Plug-and-play ready for Windows PCs
- WD quality inside and out
- Fast data transfers
How to pick the right 12 tb hard drives
The right 12 tb hard drives for your needs shouldn’t have you doing research all weekend and missing out on other plans. In general, there are a few simple things that you should consider before choosing the 12 tb hard drives that will work best for your needs.
Let’s check them out below:
Before You Buy 12 tb hard drives, You Should Think About It
Think about what the 12 tb hard drives offers before buying it. We'll go over some of the most important ones below, but there are more things to consider before buying 12 tb hard drives.
Think about how the product is made before anything else. Products with better quality materials tend to be more reliable and last longer than those made with lower quality materials. Before you buy something, find out what materials were used to make it to see if that affects the price.
Durability is the time a product can last before replacing or fixing it. A product with better quality should last longer than one with less quality. A good product will pay for itself in the long run because you won't have to buy a new one for a long time.
There are pros and cons to both large and small 12 tb hard drives. However, they lack the value-adding features that make them efficient, despite being handy, portable and taking up little space. Larger 12 tb hard drives have more efficiency features but are also costlier. Additionally, they take up more space.
The most important thing to consider when picking a 12 tb hard drives is comfort. A 12 tb hard drives comfort level depends on the material it is made from and constructed. The material used should be reviewed, and other users' complaints should be investigated.
Before investing in a 12 tb hard drives, you must consider the price. Each product has a different price range. It is possible to find cheap 12 tb hard drives and expensive ones. Therefore, before buying, you should check the price and compare it with other products. The best 12 tb hard drives for your budget will be one that suits your needs perfectly. Avoid buying the most expensive 12 tb hard drives.
Brand plays a big part in choosing 12 tb hard drives. Get a product from a reputable company if you want a good experience. I usually don't recommend buying off-brand knock-offs. The best brand will provide you with a high standard of service. If something goes wrong with your unit, you will receive great aftermarket support if you stick with a reputable company.
Always consider your budget when making a big purchase. A 12 tb hard drives can be found at various price ranges depending on its capabilities. Getting the most expensive model available might not be the best idea. Having a fixed, reasonable spending limit will ensure you get the most out of your budget. Then, you can choose something within your budget range and avoid distractions. It is common to have buyer's remorse if you purchase a unit that exceeds your budget, regardless of its quality.
The amount of use a product can withstand before failing or breaking down totally is referred to as its reliability. If a product is well-made, it should last as long as it says it will without needing repairs or replacements. The upfront cost of a reliable product may be more than that of a less reliable one.
What To Think About When Buying 12 tb hard drives
We all buy things all the time. We buy things like food and drinks that we need regularly, but we also think about other things we need to buy to keep our lives running smoothly. When we buy big things like furniture or appliances, we do a lot of research to make sure we make the right choice. We buy many things we don't need just because we want to keep them in our homes. It's important to keep a few things in mind when shopping, so you don't waste your money.
Don't Let The Ad Change Your Mind.
The ads we see have a big effect on what we buy. A few of a product's most important features are highlighted, and we're more likely to be interested in the copy, including memorable phrases and eye-catching pictures and videos. The point of the ad is to make you think about the things about the product that will affect your decision. Sometimes the small details of a product can make it hard to tell what we're looking at. In today's world, where the internet is a one-stop shop for all kinds of information, almost every business that advertises its brand has a website. Before you buy, you should ask your friends or family about the product's reviews and look at the product's website for the information you can trust.
Be Careful When Making A Choice
Even if it's just for show, you can always buy it to make your home look better. But if the product is useful, you must first figure out if it will be useful to you before you buy it. You won't get your money's worth out of a product if you don't use it to its fullest. It doesn't make sense to buy a big fridge if you're not going to use most of the space inside. A pressure cooker can also be a waste of money if you only need one for two people.
Think About How Long It'll Last
Since you're buying the thing for a certain reason, you're putting money into it. So, there is also worry about how long the product will last. When comparing prices for the same type of product from different sellers, durability is an important thing to think about. If your smart mobile gadget is expensive, you probably don't want to keep using it for the next five years. In five years, hardware and software will have changed a lot, and the gadget you're using now may not be able to be fixed because there won't be any spare parts. Getting a good return on your money means buying something that will last for a long time. For example, many companies that make refrigerators offer a standard 2- to 5-year warranty that can be extended in certain situations. You probably think that your fridge will last a lot longer than your smartphone does right now. A light bulb works the same way as a fan. Before you buy something, take a moment to think about how long you want to use it. Should you spend much money on something you'll only use for a few months?
Check To See If It Works
Even if you're happy with your 12 tb hard drives right now, you'll be upset when a new model comes out and you have to wait for it. You should also check your computer's main memory (RAM), which is what the CPU needs to do its work. To get the most out of a product, it must be as efficient as possible. Even though the appliance has a star rating, many companies sell appliances that don't meet the required power ratings. Compare how much power these products use to how much power their branded counterparts use, and if there is a difference, don't buy them. Don't skimp on the best products because they are more expensive. They will always make your investment worth more.
Choose Easier Things, And Cheaper To Take Care Of
Keep it in good shape to get the most out of your gear. When it comes to taking care of your 12 tb hard drives, knowing more is better. Most devices have a user manual that tells you what to do and what not to do, but you won't get one for your house. The builder may give you a pamphlet that lists features and laws, but if you own a home built by that developer, it is your responsibility to follow those rules and laws. It's important to know what kind of paint to use when painting the inside and outside a house.