With the combination of features and specs, it can’t be beaten. They can be expensive, leaving some to find one of the best 120hz monitors.
The 120hz monitors are designed to mimic the feel of the original products without the high price point or use of harmful materials.
This is why we dug in and came out with our list of the best 120hz monitors for anyone who might not be able to afford one or may not be a fan of this brand.
But is there any real merit to going the alternative route? Is it just a fad, or does ditching the minty stuff do you good?
Let’s take a look at some contenders for the teeth-cleaning crown!
Fiodio 35” Ultra Wide QHD 21:9 Gaming Monitor, with Adaptive Sync, 120Hz Refresh Rate, Picture in...
|9.4||Buy on Amazon|
ASUS ROG Strix XG438Q 43” Large Gaming Monitor with 4K 120Hz FreeSync 2 HDR HDR™ 600 90% DCI-P3...
|9.7||Buy on Amazon|
ASUS VP249QGR 23.8” Gaming Monitor 144Hz Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS 1ms FreeSync ELMB Eye Care...
|9.7||Buy on Amazon|
ASUS VG278QR 27” Gaming Monitor 165Hz Full HD (1920 x 1080) 0.5ms G-SYNC Eye Care DisplayPort HDMI...
|9.2||Buy on Amazon|
SAMSUNG 34-Inch Odyssey G5 Ultra-Wide Gaming Monitor with 1000R Curved Screen, 165Hz, 1ms, FreeSync...
|9.5||Buy on Amazon|
Philips Momentum 329M1RV 32" 4K HDR Gaming Monitor, Designed for Xbox, 4K @ 120Hz (PC up to 144Hz),...
|9.4||Buy on Amazon|
CRUA 24 inch 144hz/165hz Curved Gaming Monitor，FHD 1080P Frameless Computer Monitor，Support AMD...
|9.7||Buy on Amazon|
AOC G2490VX 24" Class Frameless Gaming Monitor, FHD 1920x1080, 1ms 144Hz, FreeSync Premium, 126%...
|9.8||Buy on Amazon|
Sceptre 25" Gaming Monitor 1920 x 1080p up to 165Hz 1ms AMD FreeSync Premium HDMI x3 DisplayPort...
|9.6||Buy on Amazon|
SAMSUNG 24" CRG5 Curved Gaming Monitor, 144Hz, 4ms, Exclusive Gamer Settings, AMD Radeon FreeSync,...
|9.6||Buy on Amazon|
List of Best 120hz monitors
Why Should You Use 120hz monitors
The 120hz monitors aren’t just necessary for avoiding the cost of pricey models; they’re also a little fun. There are many reasons people like having a 120hz monitors:
- Adds personalization and character
- It gives you a secure feeling
- Sometimes even better performance
- They can get more features than the original brand
- Some knock-off brands even manufacture the more solid product
- Variation in color, style & designs
- Make operations and processes more efficient.
- Dramatically reduce costs and waste.
Fiodio 35” Ultra Wide QHD 21:9 Gaming Monitor, with Adaptive Sync, 120Hz Refresh Rate, Picture in Picture, By sRGB 99%, 2xHDMI 2xDisplay Ports, R1800, 3440*1440P, (DP Cable Included), Black (V3L6W)
- Premium Image Quality: With a screen resolution of 3440x1440 pixels—approximately 2.4 times the density of Full HD delivers razor-sharp images. And with more pixels to display content, you can view more of your gaming screen, movies, web pages and documents at once without scrolling or zooming out
- Up to 120Hz Refresh Rate: With 120Hz refresh rate and Adaptive Sync, you have more frames displayed on screen every second compared to a 75Hz or 100Hz screen, eliminating lag and motion blur for exhilarating gameplay with ultra-smooth action
- Flexible Connectivity: HDMI x2 and Display ports x 2 inputs allow for easy connection to most devices. 3.5mm audio-out port for easy connection to your speakers or headphones
- Picture-in-picture (PIP) and Picture-by-Picture (PBP): Allows easy content viewing from multiple sources simultaneously
- Compatible devices: COMPUTER
ASUS ROG Strix XG438Q 43” Large Gaming Monitor with 4K 120Hz FreeSync 2 HDR HDR™ 600 90% DCI-P3 Aura Sync 10W Speaker Non-glare Eye Care with HDMI 2.0 DP 1.4 Remote Control
- Radeon free Sync 2 HDR technology provides buttery smooth game play, low latency, and better brightness and contrast | Game fast input technology minimizes input lag and provides much faster motion delivery from connected devices to the monitor
- Product dimensions | Without stand – 38.3” L x 2.93” D x 22.46” H | With stand – 38.3” L x 9.53” D x 24.85” H | Weight – 31.3 lbs. | Voltage – 100-240V, 50/60 Hz | Aspect ratio – 16:9 | True Resolution – 3840 x 216
- 43” 4K non-glare gaming monitor with 120Hz refresh rate for super-smooth gaming visual | Includes – (1) Display port, (3) HDMI, (1) Earphone jack, (2) USB Ports | VESA (100X100mm) Compatible
- High dynamic Range (HDR) technology with displays 600 certification and 90% DCI-P3 Professional color gamut ensures exceptional contrast and color performance
- A pair of 10W speakers adds powers to audio performance and an included remote control enables full control of the on-screen display for quick adjustments and input selection
ASUS VP249QGR 23.8” Gaming Monitor 144Hz Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS 1ms FreeSync ELMB Eye Care DisplayPort HDMI VGA
- 23. 8 inch Full HD (1920x1080) LED backlit display with IPS 178° wide viewing angle panel
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free backlighting and blue light filter to minimize eye
- Up to 144Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync ) technology to eliminate tracing and ensure crisp and clear video playback
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB ) technology enables a 1ms response time (MPRT) together, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
- Extensive connectivity including DisplayPort, HDMI and D-sub ports and VESA wall-mountable to save on desktop space
ASUS VG278QR 27” Gaming Monitor 165Hz Full HD (1920 x 1080) 0.5ms G-SYNC Eye Care DisplayPort HDMI DVI
- 27 inch Full HD (1920x1080) display with 165Hz refresh rate (supports 144Hz) and 0.5ms (GTG) response time Perfect to gain the upper hand in FPS racer real-time strategy and sport titles and free Sync/Adaptive Sync for a tear-free experience
- Flexible connectivity options with DisplayPort 1.2 HDMI 1.4 Dual-link DVI-D. ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio (ASCR) : 100000000:1
- Marathon ready with ASUS Eye Care technology to minimize eye fatigue and an ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments to accommodate any desk
- Stereo 2W speakers provide for a full sound while eliminating the need for external speakers
- Extreme low motion blur (ELMB) technology reduces ghosting and motion blur creating a fluid gaming experience
SAMSUNG 34-Inch Odyssey G5 Ultra-Wide Gaming Monitor with 1000R Curved Screen, 165Hz, 1ms, FreeSync Premium, WQHD (LC34G55TWWNXZA, 2020 Model), Black
- WQHD RESOLUTION: The ultrawide WQHD monitor displays more onscreen content with a seamless dual monitor experience with a 1000R curvature to create a human field of view that gives eye comfort while gaming for long periods of time.
- FREESYNC: AMD FreeSync synchronizes the refresh rate of your graphics card and ultrawide gaming monitor to reduce image ear and shutter and provides improved responsive experience for gamers.
- SMOOTH TRANSITIONS: This gaming monitor has a 165hz refresh rate and 1ms response time prevents motion blur and creates a smooth gaming experience that can give users the winning edge.
- TRUE TO LIFE COLORS: This IPS monitor has HDR10 that creates excellent color accuracy that shows contents exactly as the creator intended. This brings game scenes to life and shows small hidden details in the lightest and darkest scenes.
- Viewing Angle is 178° (H) / 178° (V); Aspect Ratio is 21:9
Philips Momentum 329M1RV 32" 4K HDR Gaming Monitor, Designed for Xbox, 4K @ 120Hz (PC up to 144Hz), 1 ms Response Time, 4Yr Advanced Replacement
- ULTRA SMOOTH MOTION: Game with ultra-clear 4K resolution at a smooth 120 Hz refresh rate when you connect your Xbox Series X and other next-gen consoles. Hardcore PC gamers can play at the fastest refresh rate of 144 Hz on the big screen via DisplayPort 1.4 and HDMI 2.1.
- RICH COLORS FOR WORK AND PLAY: Enjoy true-to-life images and millions of colors with NTSC 113%, sRGB 124%, Adobe RGB 111% color gamut area coverage.
- IMMERSIVE VIRTUAL SURROUND SOUND: Built-in DTS Sound speakers deliver an immersive virtual surround sound experience, complete with rich bass, dialogue enhancement and maximized volume levels free of any clipping or distortion.
- Compatible devices: smartphone; Item weight: 17.16 pounds; Mounting type: Wall Mount
- DIVE INTO YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE: The innovative 4-sided Ambiglow technology adds a new dimension to your viewing experience by creating a halo of light from the monitor. Especially suited for watching movies, sports or playing games for maximum immersion.
CRUA 24 inch 144hz/165hz Curved Gaming Monitor，FHD 1080P Frameless Computer Monitor，Support AMD freesync Low Motion Blur, Eye Care, VESA, DisplayPort, HDMI, Black
- 【Excellent Color】: 250cd/m2 8bit,16.7 Million color gamut with 3000: 1 dynamic contrast and 95% sRGB provides you rich colors & capture more image details.
- 【Modern Design】: Body thickness no more than 1 cm,3-sided bezel-less screen. Compatible with Console & PC platforms. Easily connect to your gaming console, computer, PC, laptop or multi-monitor setups include HDMI cable, power cable，User Manual and stand.
- 【Multiple Techical】: Flicker-Free technology，Blue Light Filter，FreeSync better adapt to the needs of gaming and business.
- 【Realistic View】: LED backlight gaming Monitor FHD (1920x1080p) resolution display with eye-care technology ,curvature 2800R,144/165Hz refresh rate and 2ms response time support most scenarios , HDMI support 120HZ , please choose Dp cable support 144HZ/ 165HZ.
- 【Warranty Policy】: Quality problems are returned and exchanged free of charge within one month, and provides with a one-year warranty for free,except return shipping fee.
AOC G2490VX 24" Class Frameless Gaming Monitor, FHD 1920x1080, 1ms 144Hz, FreeSync Premium, 126% sRGB / 93% DCI-P3, 3Yr Re-Spawned Zero Dead Pixels, Black
- VESA mounting capable for flexible mounting options
- AOC LowBlue Mode and FlickerFree for wellbeing during extended gaming sessions
- 125.95% sRGB & 92.85% DCI-P3 color gamut coverage for accurate color reproduction and lifelike images
- 3-sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders for the ultimate seamless multi-monitor setup
- DisplayPort, HDMI inputs with audio line-out for convenience
Sceptre 25" Gaming Monitor 1920 x 1080p up to 165Hz 1ms AMD FreeSync Premium HDMI x3 DisplayPort Build-in Speakers, 106% sRGB Machine Black (E255B-FWD168)
- 1MS Response Time: Colors fade and illuminate instantly with a 1ms response time, eliminating ghosting and piecing together precise imagery during action-packed scenes and gaming.
- 300 Lux Brightness: Stunning and vivid colors illuminate the screen like never before with 300 cd/m² brightness.
- 106% sRGB: With 106% sRGB, this monitor offers a wider color gamut than most conventional monitors, giving deeper colors and defining features.
- AMD Freesync Premium: With AMD FreeSync, gamers enjoy smooth video & seamless on the spot movement in fast-paced games.The graphic card and monitor refresh rates are synchronized to eliminate tearing and stuttering.
- up to 165Hz Refresh Rate: Stay above the pack with 165Hz, giving you an edge in performance as frames transition instantly.Max. brightness 220cd/m²
SAMSUNG 24" CRG5 Curved Gaming Monitor, 144Hz, 4ms, Exclusive Gamer Settings, AMD Radeon FreeSync, Eye Saver Mode, 3000:1 Contrast Ratio, Black
- EXCLUSIVE GAMER FEATURES: Game Mode adjusts black gamma levels, contrast, sharpness, and color for any game genre; Low Input Lag Mode minimizes delays between your input devices and display; Virtual Aim Point centers the target on the screen
- FLAWLESS ACTION: AMD Radeon FreeSync eliminates tears and with a dynamically adapted display refresh rate, even the most complex game scenes are seamless and virtually stutter-free
- FRESH EYES WIN MORE: Eye Saver Mode minimizes blue light to keep eyes relaxed and comfortable when gaming for extended periods; Flicker Free technology continuously removes screen flicker for less distraction or eye strain
- DIVE INTO THE CURVE: The CRG5 Gaming Monitor gets you fully immersed in every game with its 1800R curved screen
- SMOOTH, FAST VISUALS: A refresh rate of up to 144Hz puts you ahead, even in the most demanding games with smooth and clear action at every moment
How to pick the right 120hz monitors
The right 120hz monitors for your needs shouldn’t have you doing research all weekend and missing out on other plans. In general, there are a few simple things that you should consider before choosing the 120hz monitors that will work best for your needs.
Let’s check them out below:
Before You Buy 120hz monitors, You Should Think About It
Think about what the 120hz monitors offers before buying it. We'll go over some of the most important ones below, but there are more things to consider before buying 120hz monitors.
Think about how the product is made before anything else. Products with better quality materials tend to be more reliable and last longer than those made with lower quality materials. Before you buy something, find out what materials were used to make it to see if that affects the price.
Durability is the time a product can last before replacing or fixing it. A product with better quality should last longer than one with less quality. A good product will pay for itself in the long run because you won't have to buy a new one for a long time.
There are pros and cons to both large and small 120hz monitors. However, they lack the value-adding features that make them efficient, despite being handy, portable and taking up little space. Larger 120hz monitors have more efficiency features but are also costlier. Additionally, they take up more space.
The most important thing to consider when picking a 120hz monitors is comfort. A 120hz monitors comfort level depends on the material it is made from and constructed. The material used should be reviewed, and other users' complaints should be investigated.
Before investing in a 120hz monitors, you must consider the price. Each product has a different price range. It is possible to find cheap 120hz monitors and expensive ones. Therefore, before buying, you should check the price and compare it with other products. The best 120hz monitors for your budget will be one that suits your needs perfectly. Avoid buying the most expensive 120hz monitors.
Brand plays a big part in choosing 120hz monitors. Get a product from a reputable company if you want a good experience. I usually don't recommend buying off-brand knock-offs. The best brand will provide you with a high standard of service. If something goes wrong with your unit, you will receive great aftermarket support if you stick with a reputable company.
Always consider your budget when making a big purchase. A 120hz monitors can be found at various price ranges depending on its capabilities. Getting the most expensive model available might not be the best idea. Having a fixed, reasonable spending limit will ensure you get the most out of your budget. Then, you can choose something within your budget range and avoid distractions. It is common to have buyer's remorse if you purchase a unit that exceeds your budget, regardless of its quality.
The amount of use a product can withstand before failing or breaking down totally is referred to as its reliability. If a product is well-made, it should last as long as it says it will without needing repairs or replacements. The upfront cost of a reliable product may be more than that of a less reliable one.
What To Think About When Buying 120hz monitors
We all buy things all the time. We buy things like food and drinks that we need regularly, but we also think about other things we need to buy to keep our lives running smoothly. When we buy big things like furniture or appliances, we do a lot of research to make sure we make the right choice. We buy many things we don't need just because we want to keep them in our homes. It's important to keep a few things in mind when shopping, so you don't waste your money.
Don't Let The Ad Change Your Mind.
The ads we see have a big effect on what we buy. A few of a product's most important features are highlighted, and we're more likely to be interested in the copy, including memorable phrases and eye-catching pictures and videos. The point of the ad is to make you think about the things about the product that will affect your decision. Sometimes the small details of a product can make it hard to tell what we're looking at. In today's world, where the internet is a one-stop shop for all kinds of information, almost every business that advertises its brand has a website. Before you buy, you should ask your friends or family about the product's reviews and look at the product's website for the information you can trust.
Be Careful When Making A Choice
Even if it's just for show, you can always buy it to make your home look better. But if the product is useful, you must first figure out if it will be useful to you before you buy it. You won't get your money's worth out of a product if you don't use it to its fullest. It doesn't make sense to buy a big fridge if you're not going to use most of the space inside. A pressure cooker can also be a waste of money if you only need one for two people.
Think About How Long It'll Last
Since you're buying the thing for a certain reason, you're putting money into it. So, there is also worry about how long the product will last. When comparing prices for the same type of product from different sellers, durability is an important thing to think about. If your smart mobile gadget is expensive, you probably don't want to keep using it for the next five years. In five years, hardware and software will have changed a lot, and the gadget you're using now may not be able to be fixed because there won't be any spare parts. Getting a good return on your money means buying something that will last for a long time. For example, many companies that make refrigerators offer a standard 2- to 5-year warranty that can be extended in certain situations. You probably think that your fridge will last a lot longer than your smartphone does right now. A light bulb works the same way as a fan. Before you buy something, take a moment to think about how long you want to use it. Should you spend much money on something you'll only use for a few months?
Check To See If It Works
Even if you're happy with your 120hz monitors right now, you'll be upset when a new model comes out and you have to wait for it. You should also check your computer's main memory (RAM), which is what the CPU needs to do its work. To get the most out of a product, it must be as efficient as possible. Even though the appliance has a star rating, many companies sell appliances that don't meet the required power ratings. Compare how much power these products use to how much power their branded counterparts use, and if there is a difference, don't buy them. Don't skimp on the best products because they are more expensive. They will always make your investment worth more.
Choose Easier Things, And Cheaper To Take Care Of
Keep it in good shape to get the most out of your gear. When it comes to taking care of your 120hz monitors, knowing more is better. Most devices have a user manual that tells you what to do and what not to do, but you won't get one for your house. The builder may give you a pamphlet that lists features and laws, but if you own a home built by that developer, it is your responsibility to follow those rules and laws. It's important to know what kind of paint to use when painting the inside and outside a house.