There are different types of energy efficient dehumidifier with distinct features and essentials. Every different energy efficient dehumidifier comes with its specific benefits and drawbacks. Many companies have been manufacturing distinctive quality products for years and are getting better and better results with the latest energy efficient dehumidifier making.
This article is specifically about energy efficient dehumidifier. A few top-rated products are selected for discussion here, along with the complete description of their features, to facilitate the people in selecting the perfect product.
Top 10 energy efficient dehumidifier: Editor’s Choice
Reviews of 10 Best energy efficient dehumidifier
Here we more thoroughly outline the details of each product and share our findings for each one. The review is ordered here in terms of how important we think they are, but if you find that prioritize one or two a little bit differently, we encourage you to weigh those accordingly to find the energy efficient dehumidifier that is most right for you. Based on our expert’s recommendations, we have selected our top picks:
- Return Policy
- Customer Feedback
- Easy to Use
1. 70-Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier for Basement – 4500 Sq. Ft. Quiet Dehumidifier for Large Capacity Room Home Bathroom Basements – Auto Continuous Drain Remove Moisture
- 【For Space Up To 4,500 Sq. Ft.】: AIRGJOB dehumidifier is able to collect 70 pint(Under 80℉, 60%RH Condition) (50 Pint 2019 DOE Standard-Under 65℉, 60%RH Condition) of moisture per day and adjust humidity from 35% to 80%, perfect for use in basements, home, office, bathrooms, attics, garages, crawlspace or any large rooms up to 4,500 Sq. Ft. This ideal dehumidifier makes it easy to maintain a healthy 45%-55% humidity range.
- 【Designed for Durability&Convenience】: What set AIRGJOB dehumidifier apart is intelligent continuous dehumidification feature that automatically stop for 8 minutes every 8 hours, which ensure durability for long-lasting usage compared with ordinary dehumidifier. With drain hose, continuous drainage can be achieved for further convenience. Just once setting, several months hassel-free, no hours limited. Suitable for constantly damp spaces where continuous dehumidification is required.
- 【Smart Temp&Humidity Sensor】: Ultra-sensitive temperature&humidity dual sensor monitor the environment real-time. Any abnormal will be convey to the smart control system within 1 second. Auto-defrost: effectively reduces the damage to the machine caused by the ice of the collected water. Intelligent humidity regulation: Set your desired humidity for maximum comfort, the dehumidifier will run intelligently.
- 【2 Gallon Customized Water Tank】: The efficient dehumidifier comes with 2 gallon/8L large water tank, saving you the trouble of frequent pouring. When the water tank is full, sensitive water float against switch and the dehumidifier will automatically shut off without water overflowing. The built-in “Bucket Full” indicator will light up to remind. Water float design, largely prevent the unit from spilling compared with other simple device, ensuring its great performance for longer service.
- 【Powerful Yet Quiet Dehumidifier】: This energy star dehumidifier owns a turbo setting kicks up the fan speed from 151CFM to 168CFM, and further to high 188CFM, quickly and effectively absorb moisture maximum with minimal energy consumption, providing you a healthy and comfortable environment. Meantime, 53dB peak sound can hardly notice, ensuring no disruptions during conversation.
- 【Advanced 2-Stage Filtration System】: 2 stage filtration (pre-filter and activated carbon filter) give you a clean experience. The filter can be removed and assembled simply, which makes it easy to clean and maintain. Breathe better, Live better!
- 【Portable Design&3 Year Warranty】: This smart dehumidifier is designed with sleek and modern look, with 360° easy-rolling wheels and ergonomic recessed handles, you can move it easily. We promise to provide all AIRGJOB dehumidifier 3 year warranty and lifetime technical support. No matter what issue you have, we’re here to help and provide 100% amazing customer support.
- 【Saves Your Money】: AIRGJOB dehumidifier will quickly remove moisture from the air without running up your utility bill because this is Energy Star Rated. Energy Star appliances are not just better for the environment, they also cost 30% less to operate compared to non-Energy Star appliances.
Additional Info :
2. hOmeLabs 1,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier for Medium to Large Rooms and Basements
- 1,500 sq ft Dehumidifier: Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 pint 2012 DOE standard) of moisture from the air per day. This Energy Star certified model is fit for medium to large rooms, to quickly and effectively absorb moisture without racking up your energy bill.
- Designed For The Modern Home: That most dehumidifiers are clunky eyesores is news to nobody. We designed with the modern consumer in mind: a sleek clean look, convenient built-in wheels and handles, and a quiet fan that won’t drown out your current binge-watching obsession.
- Super Easy To Use: Dehumidifiers don’t need to be complicated, so ours isn’t. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, at which point it will automatically shut-off. There’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining. The hose is not included; we recommend a ⅝” diameter garden hose with an internal threaded end, and optionally Teflon tape for extra security.
- Eliminates Moisture Effectively: Our portable dehumidifier reduces moisture through its built-in pump compressor. It also features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed from Normal Air CFM 118 (cubic feet per minute) to High Air CFM 135 for maximum moisture removal.
- Important Things To Know: Dehumidifiers emit heat when in use (that’s how they absorb the moisture). This product won’t work in the same room as an evaporative cooler, and is intended for any indoor space up to 1,500 square feet. It measures 15.2 x 10 x 19.7 inches, has a 0.8 gallon water tank capacity, and removes up to 22 pints of moisture from the air per day.
Additional Info :
3. BLACK+DECKER 1500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier for Medium to Large Spaces and Basements, Energy Star Certified, Portable, BDT20WTB , White
- 1500 SQUARE FOOT COVERAGE: This portable dehumidifier (13.19“ x 9.65” x 19.88”) covers up to 1500 sq. ft. Our compact safe humidifier (29.92 lbs.) reduces humidity and dust in your home and removes up to 20 pints a day with an 8-pint removable tank.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: This Energy Star dehumidifier comes with a removeable, washable mesh filter. Unlike many commercial dehumidifiers, this humidity controller uses environmentally friendly R4110a refrigerant at 4.76 oz.
- SAFETY ENSURED: This small dehumidifier has an 8-pint bucket with a water level indicator. Built-in indicator light and audible alert system notifies when full. This device also comes with 3.28 ft. drain hose for continuous (high to low) feed drain.
- SMART TECHNOLOGY: Our dehumidifier small has top mounted electronic control panel with adjustable humidistat and LED digital display. Operating temperature is 41° – 89.6° Fahrenheit with adjustable humidistat at 35%-80%.
- QUALITY GUARANTEE: This RV dehumidifier also comes with a 1-year warranty for parts and labor for manufacturing defects only. This dehumidifier for home also comes with 4 casters so you can easily transport into any room up to 1500 sq. ft.
Additional Info :
4. Vremi 22 Pint 1,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier Energy Star Rated for Medium Spaces and Basements
- Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) from the air per day. This Energy Star certified dehumidifier is fit to quickly and effectively absorb moisture with minimal energy consumption in medium to large rooms
- We designed our dehumidifier with convenience and style in mind. This dehumidifier sports a sleek, clean look with convenient built-in wheels and handles, and a quiet fan that does its job without too much noise
- It’s a dehumidifier, not a rocket ship, and our user-friendly features reflect this. Simply adjust the appliance to your ideal moisture setting, let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, and it’ll then shut-off automatically. For added convenience, there’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining (Note: Drain hose is not included with purchase of product)
- Our portable dehumidifier features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed for maximum moisture removal. This product effectively reduces humidity and maintains a level of dryer air that can help you feel more comfortable
- Dehumidifiers emit heat when in use (that’s how they work). This model is intended for any indoor space up to 1,500 square feet. It measures 16.1 x 10.4 x 19.9 inches, has a 3 liter (0.8 gallons) water tank capacity, and removes up to 4 gallons (30 pints) of moisture from the air per day
Additional Info :
5. TOSOT 20 Pint 1,500 Sq Ft Dehumidifier Energy Star – for Home, Basement, Bedroom or Bathroom – Super Quiet (Previous 30 Pint)
- 1,500 SQ FT: Removes up to 20 pints (30 pints 2012 DOE) of water every 24 hours. Whether you are using this Energy-Star Dehumidifier in the basement, bathroom, bedroom, or garage, it will quickly remove moisture without driving up your utility bill.
- AUTO DRAIN: This dehumidifier will stop running if the water bucket fills up. Save time with automatic drainage by hooking up a 3/4 inch dehumidifier drain hose (not included) to your dehumidifier. If you don’t want continuous drainage you can use the removable water bucket (1 gallon capacity) to manually empty the dehumidifier and restart moisture removal.
- REAL-TIME MONITORING: After choosing a target humidity level the control panel will display the current humidity level. The dehumidifier will power off after reaching the target you set. If you want the dehumidifier to run nonstop regardless of the current humidity level, press the minus button until the control panel displays “NS.” The dehumidifier will run until the drain bucket is full, which will never happen if you have the continuous drain set up.
- SOLID MATERIAL: All plastic components are made from solid ABS for increased durability. We use solid-copper tubing in our internal lines for better heat transfer and received a UL94 flame-retardant classification of V-0, which means even if the unit were to catch on fire, the flame would stop within 10 seconds.
- 30 YEARS’ EXPERIENCE: As the largest residential AC producer in the world, we have a pretty good idea about how to make quality products. If you have any problems or concerns, our customer service team is happy to assist you.
- SAFE and EFFICIENT: TOSOT dehumidifiers are Energy-Star rated and UL-certified. It is not only effective at removing moisture, it also saves money on your monthly utility bill. UL-approved, meaning they meet the highest safety standards for use in your home.
Additional Info :
6. GE Energy Star Portable Dehumidifier 50 Pint with Pump, Perfect for Bedroom, Basement & Garage, Ideal for High Humidity Areas, Built-in Pump Eliminates Need to Check Water Levels, Grey
- 50 PINT: This GE Energy Star dehumidifier removes 50 pints of moisture from the air every day. This model is ideal for wet rooms, with excessive moisture, anywhere in the home or basement.
- BUILT-IN PUMP: The built-in pump with an included hose, allows water to be drained to any convenient location up to 16 feet away. This feature eliminates the need to check in on the water level in the bucket, and the need to empty the bucket periodically.
- EMPTY BUCKET ALARM: This feature alerts you if the bucket, which has a capacity of 1.8 gallons, is full or missing. The alarm will sound for 10 seconds to let you know it’s time to empty or replace the bucket.
- CLEAN FILTER ALERT – The unit works best with a clean filter, so we’ll remind you when it’s time to clean it.
- EASE OF USE: The pocket handles make it easy to transport between rooms. Other features like the adjustable humidistat, 3 fan speeds, auto restart and auto defrost features provide ease of use and effective moisture removal from wet rooms.
Additional Info :
7. Humhold Energy Star Dehumidifier for Home Basement 3,000 Sq. Ft, 35 Pint Portable Dehumidifiers with Drain Hose, Ideal for Large Room, Bedroom, Bathroom (35 Pint)
- 【3,000 Sq. Ft 35 Pint Dehumidifier】 Humhold portable dehumidifier is able to remove 35 pints per day (70 pints 2012 DOE standard) of moisture, has an IEF of 1.83, effectively reduces humidity from 80% to 30%, and also displays the humidity with a color indicator, Cleans the air easily and effectively. Ideal for large rooms up to 3,000 Sq. Ft, such as a basement, bathroom, bedroom, office, kitchen, cellar, or crawlspace.
- 【Energy Star Dehumidifier】 Energy Star’s most efficient 2022 Recognition. Energy Star qualified means this compact yet powerful unit removes moisture better than traditional dehumidifiers, is energy efficient, environmentally friendly, and saves your money.
- 【Portable & Stylish】With a stylish, slimline exterior design in order to fit the style of home, apartment, or business. It comes with 360° rotatable wheels, a carry handle and a quiet fan, a digital control panel, and a built-in timer. Its size for 13.6″ * 9.5″ * 20.2″, weight is only 33lbs, Easily move from room to room. dehumidifying your room when and where you need it.
- 【Easy to Use & Maintenance】 Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full. The unit shuts off automatically when the water tank (8P) is full. Front loading bucket with carrying handle and splash guard. The water tank is located on the front of the unit for easy access, and the carrying handle and splash guard make it easy to empty the bucket. Connect the included drain hose to the built-in socket for continuous drainage by gravity.
- 【Inside Drying Mode】 When you don’t need to use it, the built-in drying button can make the dehumidifier dry and keep it clean so you don’t have to worry about mold. Meanwhile, a washable filter preserves air quality without expensive replacement parts.
- 【Kind Tips】 Dehumidifiers emit heat when they are in use and that is how they absorb moisture. The 50 pint dehumidifier is not suitable for rooms larger than 4500 Sq. Ft.
Additional Info :
8. Whynter RPD-506EWP ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2021 50 Pint High Capacity Portable Dehumidifier with Pump up to 4000 sq ft, White
- Recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2020, demonstrating specifications for lower energy consumption during use; 4,000 sq ft Large Dehumidifier; 50 pint (70 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) capacity dehumidifier; 13 pint removable water bucket
- Direct drain option for continuous operation; Condensate pump that pushes water up or over a longer distance; HOSES INCLUDED: 16.5′ drain hose for condensate pump drain and 20″ drain hose for gravity drainage
- Three operational modes: Continuous, Comfort, and Normal; Adjustable humidity range of 35 – 85% relative humidity
- Low temperature operation (minimum ambient temperature low 40°Fs); Auto-restart and Auto-shutoff functions; Washable pre-filter included
- Runs quiet with normal operating noise level below 55 dBA; Washable pre-filter; Handles and caster wheels for portability; Non ozone-depleting refrigerant: R410a
Additional Info :
9. Antarctic Star 2500Sq. Ft Dehumidifier, 30 Pint Dehumidifiers for Home, Large Room Basements and Bedroom, Auto Drainage Air Filters Auto Defrosting Efficient energy Electronic control with a Humidity Monitor Auto Off On 24HR Timer
- 【High Efficient Dehumidification】The Antarctic Star dehumidifier equipped with a powerful dehumidification condenser, which makes the maximum dehumidification area up to 2500 sq ft. Quickly response to the humidity in your room and dries the air into a favorable range. With this dehumidifier, you can improve air quality as well as create a healthier, more comfortable living environment.
- 【Safe & Considerate Dehumidifier】This Dehumidifier has a 2L water tank. Equipped with a drain hose, you can put it in the bathroom, kitchen or garage, without the complex step to pour water for several times. Also has a water tank indicator, when the water tank is full of water, the indicator will turn red and buzz for 5 times, which reminds you to pour the water out. The dehumidifier is safe to use even when your children are at home.
- 【Super Quiet & 3 Working Modes】The dehumidifier designed with auto mode, continuously drying mode and sleep mode that meet everyone’s various needs. You can easily change between 3 modes. The sleep mode is ultra-quiet, with a considerate 36dB whisper-quiet operation and sleep mode, let you sleep in peace.
- 【Colorful Atmosphere Light】 The Dehumidifier comes with atmosphere lights in 3 different colors. It automatically changes color depends on the humidity in your room: blue (humidity<45%), green (45%≤humidity≤65%) and red (humidity>65%). Antarctic Star dehumidifier creates a sweet and luxury sleeping experience for you.
- 【Create a Comfortable Zone】It is very suitable for rooms under 2500 sq. ft, such as bathroom, small basement, bedroom, living room, kitchen, garage, etc. This dehumidifier can keep moisture below 35%, and it collects moisture and releases fresh air, providing you a healthy and comfortable environment. Moreover, it has an auto defrost function, which can make the machine always in a good mood.
Additional Info :
10. Aerbyon DH900 Energy Efficient Dehumidifier 190 sq.ft coverage with Auto Turn Off at Full Tank, 30oz Portable, Lightweight, and Quiet dehumidifier for use in Home, Bedroom, Bathroom, Closet, Kitchen, 2-year warranty
- 💧【Ideal Dehumidifier for Small Space】The DH900 uses its conventional size to fit easily into key rooms in the house as it dehumidifies areas up to 190 square feet.
- 💧【Easy Start Button Design】A single button activates the DH900 and it runs silently for as long as it’s on.
- 💧【Auto Turn Off Function】The DH900 comes equipped with a full tank sensor. This will turn off the dehumidifier once the tank reaches its full 900mL (30oz) capacity meaning you can rest easy knowing there won’t be any spills or leakage.
- 💧【Two- Year Warranty】Aerbyon believes in its products and so it provides a warranty longer than the industry standard. The DH900 is covered for 2 years, meaning you can rest easy once you have purchased.
Additional Info :
The Buyer’s Guide of energy efficient dehumidifier
The best energy efficient dehumidifier for you is the one that meets your needs and gives you the most value. The trick is to figure out your needs and what will bring the most value to you. To do this, we must first find out who you are, where you are from, how old you are, or any other information that helps us understand why a person needs a particular product more than another. Else is important.
Value For Money
The value of money is an important perspective to look at energy efficient dehumidifier because when you spend money on a energy efficient dehumidifier, you must be able to use it in the work that can help you. A restricted budget will get you a energy efficient dehumidifier with restricted features or an entry-level energy efficient dehumidifier, but the budget will define what type of energy efficient dehumidifier you get.
When it comes to choosing a energy efficient dehumidifier, size matters for most users. However, a standard-size energy efficient dehumidifier will suffice. The best energy efficient dehumidifier are popular because they offer the convenience of various work in one product.
Whatever model you buy, make sure it has a sturdy build design. Your energy efficient dehumidifier should deliver satisfactory performance with high durability. Also, check the padding quality while buying them. energy efficient dehumidifier, made of good material, are less likely to break and show better resistance against rough usage.
Evaluate the features
No matter what kind of person you are, there is no one-size-fits-all product. What’s best for your needs may not be the same as what’s best for you. This product will make it easy for you to determine which features suit you and your lifestyle needs, even though they may be manufactured.
Read all instructions
A good product will come with instructions. If you read the directions, follow them to a tee, and don’t expect anything extra from your purchase than what was promised in the marketing materials, it should be smooth sailing! However, if something seems off or has gone wrong during the installation of your new purchase (or even just some time after), please contact the manufacturer at the customer service number so they can help. All manufacturers want customers to have an excellent experience when buying their products, which means ensuring everything goes smoothly on arrival and every day after that.