We spent hours researching to determine ten of the best fabric stain protector on the market today. Finally, depending on the model you purchase and your own individual needs, any of these listed fabric stain protector should provide additional features to enhance overall versatility. Features like sturdiness, better performance, an ultra-thin design, and various connectivity options can all be incredibly useful. The best fabric stain protector offers you these and other great features regardless of how you intend to use it. Keep reading to learn more about the best fabric stain protector to purchase today. This way, you can find the best option for your needs.
Best fabric stain protector: Editor’s Choice
Top 10 Best fabric stain protector to Buy
Our experts conducted many individual tests to help you find the best fabric stain protector for your needs and budget. To determine which fabric stain protector is the best, we performed extensive research and evaluated the top models currently on the market. We then bought the most promising models available and compared their performance against each other, grading them in some weighted rating metrics:
- Ease of use
- Value for money
- Size and weight
- Warranty policy
- Customer service, and more.
1. Guardsman Fabric Defense & Upholstery Protector Blocks Stains and Repels Liquid, Use on Microfiber, Rugs, Carpeting, Fabric Apparel, Easy Clean, Odorless, No Chemical Cleaner 11 Oz 460900
- Long-lasting stain protection helps furniture look newer, longer
- Won’t change fabrics look or feel. Not intended for use on finished and aniline leathers
- Odorless when dry. No chemical smells to worry about, this means you can use it on your most used furniture
- Formulated to meet the demands of furniture professionals
- Made in the U.S.A. Guardsman has been the leader in furniture care and delivering quality products since 1915.
Additional Info :
2. TriNova Non-Aerosol Stain Guard – Fabric Protection Spray for Upholstery, Carpet, Rugs and More to protect from liquid stains (18 oz)
- ✅ SPILLS DON’T MEAN STAINS – If your fabric surfaces are protected, a spill will sit on the surface of your couch, rug, carpet, or clothes long enough to be blotted up before staining.
- ✅ EASY TO APPLY – Just spray, let it dry, and then live your life. No dual application, or multi-step process to deal with – just protection
- ✅ A SAFER ALTERNATIVE – Unlike most stain guards, our protectant isn’t flammable. It uses water based chemistry so it’s safe enough to use indoors with proper ventilation. A high tech solution for interior waterproofing.
- ✅ CLEAR & ODORLESS – you don’t want your stain guard CAUSING a stain, and it shouldn’t stink up the place.
- ✅ PLEASE NOTE – Due to the pandemic, it has been challenging getting quality sprayers. We notice that the sprayers we are currently using sometimes have quality issues, if you receive a bottle with a faulty sprayer please contact us directly for a replacement. We are in the works of providing a better sprayer solutions but with the pandemic it may take some time. Thank you for understanding.
Additional Info :
3. Bayes Water-Based Fabric Protectant Spray for Indoor and Outdoor Use – Stain Guard and Liquid Repellant, for Upholstery, Furniture, Shoes, and More, Protects from Water, Stains, and UV Rays – 24 oz
- Safe Protection – Bayes high-performance fabric protector spray utilizes pure water as a carrier rather than flammable acetone and petroleum distillates. It is safe to use indoors, yet provides maximum protection under extreme outdoor conditions. Restores water and stain repellency to factory levels. Simple and easy to use, just spray and let dry
- Maximum Protection – If your fabric surfaces are protected and waterproof, the spills will sit on the surface long enough to be blotted up before staining. Contains an advanced polymer designed to block and repel both oil and water-borne stains from fabric. This is important in household environments where both water-borne stains (fruit juice, wine, soft drinks) and oil-borne stains (margarine, mayonnaise, ice cream) are present
- Versatile Protection – Protects interior and exterior fabric surfaces, and does not alter fabric color, feel, flammability, or breathability, it is safe for use on all fabrics, synthetic and natural fibers, including upholstery, furniture, couches, rugs, carpets, curtains, cushions and pillows, table linens, clothing, shirts dresses, ties, suits, jackets, hats, shoes, umbrellas, luggage, suede, canvas, and more. Shields from dirt, bird droppings, moisture, UV rays, water, and oil-borne stains
- Outdoor Protection – In addition to waterproofing and stain resistance, the fabric protectant also helps reduce the present UV degradation of fabric. Its unique multi-action polymer acts as a sunscreen for fabric and helps prevent damage due to sunlight and other UV light sources, helping keep your fabric color vibrant and spotless
- Cruelty-Free – Leaping Bunny Certified, Eco-Responsible, Safe Water Based Formula, Recyclable Non-Aerosol Bottle, Approx. 120-150 square feet coverage per stain guard bottle, Great for the environment, as well as your home, Proudly made in the USA
Additional Info :
4. Cadillac Shield Water and Stain – Leather and Fabric Protector Spray – Great for Shoes – 8 oz – Non Aerosol – Waterproof and Protect Suede, Leather, Nubuck, Fabric, Nylon, Polyester & More
- WATERPROOF YOUR SHOES: Keep your shoes cleaner and drier with Cadillac Shield waterproof spray! Protect suede, fabric, nubuck, leather, nylon, polyester, canvas, and synthetics. No matter the material, Shield will keep you protected from rain, snow, puddles, and any other water damage.
- STAIN BARRIER: Dirt, grass, oil, salt, red wine coffee and juice don’t stand a chance against our protector spray. Regular use of Shield will keep all of your footwear and accessories stain free and protected from the elements.
- ECO FRIENDLY NON AEROSOL: (SILICONE FREE BREATHABLE:) Other water blocking products contain alcohol, silicone, or fluoropolymers that suffocates your material trapping moisture, sweat, heat, odor, ect shortening its lifespan. Hold bottle approximately 8 inches away for optimal results.
- GREAT FOR: Furniture, luggage, car upholstery, Sofa, Couch, Hiking, Skateboarding, Basketball, Tennis, Golf, Baseball, Running, Gym, Soccer cleats, and boat shoes. Safe on all colors will not darken
- MADE IN THE USA: Cadillac Shield Non Aerosol Water and Stain Protector Spray is proudly made in the United States of America. Cadillac Shoe Experts’ Choice Since 1963
Additional Info :
5. Scotchgard Fabric and Upholstery Protector, 10-Ounce , 4-Count
- Repels spills and stains from fabric and upholstery
- Protects with Scotchgard
- Safe to use on delicate and dry clean only fabrics such as silks and wools
- Protect your furniture from spills and stains-spray them with Scotchgard to repel liquids and stains.
- 10 oz. aerosol
Additional Info :
6. DetraPel Fabric & Upholstery Protector – 6.8 oz. (200ml) – As Seen on Shark Tank
- As Seen on Shark Tank
- Propellant-Free and Non-toxic. Safe to spray in any enclosed area.
- No Fluorochemicals / PFAS-Free
- Repels liquids & reduces stains
- Dries clear and odorless
Additional Info :
7. E.J. Wheaton Co. Fabric Protector, Stain Repellent & Spill Guard, For Use on Furniture, Carpets or Any Fabric Upholstery, 16 Oz. Bottle
- A MUST-HAVE FOR KITCHEN & DINING ROOM CHAIRS, FAMILY ROOM SOFAS AND MORE: Gone are the days of plastic on your sofa! Professional-strength formula leaves furniture feeling soft and natural – yet provides a highly protective coating.
- GUARDS AGAINST WINE SPILLS, DINNER MISHAPS, PET MESSES AND MORE: Polymer-based solution blocks both oil and water-based spills, giving you time to wipe them away before they sink in.
- USE ON ANY FABRIC, UPHOLSTERED OR CARPETED SURFACE: Designed to bond to individual fibers, forming a barrier against any spill life throws your way.
- EASY TO USE: Spray on. Let dry. Start living. The clear-drying formula is odorless, colorless and does not affect carpet or fabric texture once dry.
- MADE IN THE U.S.A. from quality ingredients.
Additional Info :
8. Extra Strength Fabric Protector Spray Prevents Stains and Repels Liquids. SoftClad Safely Guards Furniture, Shoes, Carpet, Upholstery, Suede, Leather, Couch, Canvas and more. Safe for indoor use -32oz
- FABRIC PROTECTOR SPRAY AND STAIN GUARD – prevents stains and repels liquids
- WORKS ON ALMOST ALL FABRICS: Cloth, Shoes, Knits, Suede, Felts, Carpet, Jackets, Wovens, Curtains, Furniture, Upholstery, Leather, Canvas and more
- Proudly Made in the USA
- SAFE TO USE – SoftClad is non-flamable and safe to use indoors. Ingredients are acrylic polymer & water
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – If you are not satisfied, request a full refund. No questions asked
Additional Info :
9. Guard – Premium Water & Stain Repellent – Waterproof and Protect Suede, Leather, Nubuck, Fabric, Nylon, Polyester & More – Sneakerhead Protector for All Sneakers, Shoes, Boots, & Accessories
- PREMIUM REPELLENT: Guard offers unmatched protection against water and stains from dirt, grass, oil, salt, and more. Perfect for streetwear, basketball, skateboarding, tennis, running, baseball and gym shoes.
- SILICONE-FREE: Our silicone-free formula creates an extremely durable protective layer that will not alter the look or feel of your material. This protective barrier will keep out water and repel stains, while still maintaining the breathability of your material.
- SAFE FOR ALL MATERIALS: Guard is a water based protector, making it safe for use on all materials including leather, suede, nubuck, nylon, polyester, canvas, and synthetics.
- AEROSOL SPRAY TOP: Our aerosol sprayer provides a fine mist, allowing you to quickly and easily apply full coverage protection across your favorite sneakers, shoes, boots, and accessories.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: We are confident that you will love this product. If you are unsatisfied for any reason please let us know and we will be sure to make it right.
Additional Info :
10. Garment Shield Spray by Würkin Stiffs | Premium Superhydrophobic Stain Repellent | Air-Powered Clothing Protector | Non-Toxic, Odorless, and Dries Clear | Made in the USA | 6.8 oz. (200ml)
- FABRIC PROTECTOR – Our premium stain protector spray is designed for use on jackets, shirts, pants, ties, dresses, fabric masks, and other fabrics and clothing. Use on cotton, wool, polyester, denim, and spandex. Not recommended for use on silk fabrics.
- NON-TOXIC AND ODORLESS – This powerful protectant is non-toxic and odorless. We leave out Fluorochemicals and PFAs, and instead use a unique water-based formula so you can be sure what you are putting on your fabrics is the highest quality.
- DRIES CLEAR – The 6.8 oz canister is powered by air and is non-aerosol. The spray dries clear and clean, without changing the feel of the fabric. Protect your favorite garments safely from accidental spills and repel stains with a brand name that continues to be trusted by millions of shirts worldwide.
- WEATHER AND STAIN PROOF SPRAY – Repel water and stains with a spray you can trust. Start with a dried garment, hold the canister 6-8” from your fabric, spray, let sit. Repeat the process at least two times and the superhydrophobic nanotechnology keeps stains away.
- AS SEEN ON SHARK TANK – Würkin Stiffs started as an idea from founder Jonathan Boos who dealt with unruly collars on shirts – as many of us have. Fast forward years later, through entrepreneurial tinkering, a successful Shark Tank appearance, a utility-patented invention, and an unstoppable obsession with crip collars, Würkin Stiffs was created. Today, we are the market-leading pioneer of magnetic collar stays and here to help you look your best.
Additional Info :
Buying Guide for fabric stain protector
When you start shopping for a fabric stain protector, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the number of potential choices. This is especially true when choosing fabric stain protector for your needs. So many products, so many brands, and so many new features that claim to do so much for you. Since most of us don’t have the time to research every choice thoroughly, we make good-enough purchases without pausing to consider whether it’s the best option. It’s worth looking for something that fits your budget and meets your needs. The truth is buying a product means thinking about a lot of factors.
Before you buy fabric stain protector, you should ask yourself these questions:
- Why do you want to buy it?
- How good is the product?
- Is it worth buying it?
- How much should I spend on this product?
- What features do I want?
- Is there a cheaper alternative to something that has more features?
- Is the price point reasonable?
The best way to find a good product is to follow some tips.
- First of all, you should know what you want. It is very important to define your needs before buying anything.
- Always read customer reviews about products you are interested in buying. This will help you ensure that the product suits your needs and expectations.
- Check if the product has any defects or flaws that may be problematic for you, like if it has many negative reviews from previous customers.
- If possible, try out the product yourself before deciding whether to buy it!
When making a fabric stain protector purchase, the factors that go into making that decision can be complicated and confusing. As you consider what to buy, try to keep these factors in mind:
Quality of the product
The quality of the product is very important because it determines how long it will last. You want something that will last a long time, so you don’t have to buy another one soon. The quality of the fabric stain protector also affects its price, so if you want something of high quality, you will have to pay more. You should be able to tell if a particular product is of good quality just by looking at it. If it looks cheap and flimsy, don’t buy it. It might break down after using it for a little while.
Features are added benefits that make something unique or special compared to other similar fabric stain protector on the market. For example, if you buy a product with more memory than most other products in its price range, then this would be a feature that makes it stand out from all the rest! The more features there are in a product, the more expensive it will be because it takes more time and effort to develop them all! However, sometimes very simple features can make something much easier to use, so don’t ignore them just because they’re not flashy! Ask yourself what you need.
The material used to build
The material of a fabric stain protector is one of the most important things you need to focus on. You should go for fabric stain protector made from good quality materials. This is because they are durable and last longer than those made from poor-quality materials. You should also check if any chemicals or substances are used in making the product. The best products have no harmful substances and are safe for human use.
The cost is the most important thing that comes to mind when people think about buying fabric stain protector. This is because most people want to get as much as they can for their money.
It can be tempting to just go for the expensive option available but consider whether it’ll be worth your money. Is there a cheaper alternative that does the same thing as you want? Will you use something often enough to warrant its price? You might find that even though something costs more at first glance, buying it will save you money in the long run because of its quality or longevity.
You can make an informed decision if you know the price range of the product you want to buy and compare it with other similar products.
You should also check out the brand of the product before buying it. This is because many people have trusted some brands over time while others have not been tested yet. You can go through reviews about the brand on different websites or social media platforms before buying anything from them so that you can be sure that they are reliable and offer good customer care services as well as after-sales services if needed at any given time in the future when your product fails to work properly due to any reason whatsoever such as malfunctioning after using it for some time or even during its manufacturing period as well.
You should read reviews about the product before buying it from any online store. By reading reviews, you will be able to know what other people think about your desired product. If there are many positive comments on the review page, chances are high that it is a good quality fabric stain protector and worth buying. If there are negative comments on the review page, chances are high that this particular item might be defective or not up to your expectations and standards.