Are you aware that you can make ID cards and badges for a wide variety of applications using the best ID card printers? Well, it is possible considering your specific requirements after picking the right kind of ID card printer. Moreover, you can go for a card printer with the features that work best for you since it is vital to consider the different scenarios in which you will use them.
We’ve compiled a list of the best ID card printers that are affordable to give you the best quantity and quality. Besides, their features and speed also explain why they’re among the best ID card printers.
|Product Name||Printing Technology||Connectivity Technology||Print Media||Printer output|
|Magicard Pronto ID Card Printer||Dye sublimation||USB||Glossy photo paper||Monochrome|
|Magicard Enduro 3e Dual-sided ID Card Printer||Thermal, dye sublimation||Ethernet||Glossy photo paper||Color|
|Badgy 100 Color Plastic ID Card Printer||Dye sublimation||USB||Glossy photo paper||Color|
|Badgy 100 ID Card Printer – Bronze Edition||Dye sublimation||USB||Glossy photo paper||Color|
|Fargo DTC1250e Single-Sided ID Card Printer||Thermal, Dye sublimation||USB||Glossy photo paper||Color|
|Magicard Enduro 3e Single-Sided ID Card Printer||Dye sublimation||USB||Glossy photo paper||Color, monochrome|
|Fargo HDP5000 Dual Sided High Definition ID Card||Dye sublimation||Ethernet||Card stock||Color|
|Evolis Primacy Dual-Sided ID Card Printer||ID card printer||USB||Card stock||Color|
|Complete AlphaCard ID Card Printer Bundle||Dye sublimation||USB||Glossy photo paper||Color, monochrome|
|Fargo DTC4250e Dual-Sided ID Card Printer||Thermal, Dye sublimation||Ethernet, USB||Card stock||Color|
Our Favorite Best ID Card Printers
Top 10 Best ID Card Printers Reviews- 2022
1. Magicard Pronto ID Card Printer
One of the best ID card printers that are perfect for small offices, societies, or clubs is the entry-level Magicard Pronto. It is for those who need the ability to print on demand or may need a few ID cards weekly or daily. Additionally, you may have very high production costs with a slow turnaround with the option of an outside source print for your cards.
The ID card printer allows secure card printing that is simple and low cost from its wide range of options. It is a fantastic desktop alternative that prints the cards quickly. Besides, a two-year warranty and a patented Holokote technology are the several security options included.
- Easy to Use: You will have your professional cards within minutes from the user-friendly features of the Magicard Pronto ID card printer. It includes the MA100YMCKO color ribbon on purchase.
- High Quality: The white Bodno PVC cards are durable and made of high quality. They have a high capacity of 300 count color ribbon and software meant to work with the printer perfectly.
- User-friendly Software: Use text boxes, drag, and drop features, and pre-made templates from the easy-to-learn software to operate the ID card printer. Additionally, it requires no prior experience as a Brodno Bronze software.
- Prints faster
- The software is handy
- The camera is included in the purchase
- You will experience maximum value for your cash
- The instructions are poorly drafted
2. Magicard Enduro 3e Double-sided ID Card Printer
Magicard Enduro is one of the best ID card printers for many applications, from loyalty clubs to membership, employee, and student ID programs. It produces full-color ID cards as an affordable photo ID system. Moreover, it comes with everything you need to start printing ID cards, including a Card Imaging XXS card design software.
The printer has 100 blank cards, one full-color ribbon as an Enduro 3e printer. However, it has added card security at no additional cost. You will enjoy watermark-like images of your cards from the built-in Holokote technology.
- Print Quality: Ensures the best print quality using thermal rewritable technology and dye sublimation. It also provides fast printing through the feeding system that supports hopper-fed and manual.
- Fast Printing Engine: You can print more than 100 cards per hour for color with a fast printing engine. Printing is efficient within seven seconds on the one-sided monochrome high visibility goldenseal through the HoloPatch feature.
- Safe: Without upgrades or additional materials, you will have a watermark image over your cards. It makes it easier to authenticate real cards, prevent card tampering and counterfeit fake cards.
- Card design software is card imaging XXS
- The printing technology is dye-sublimation
- The engine is a fast-printing type
- It is not modular
3. Badgy 100 Color Plastic ID Card Printer
The Badgy, 100 Color Plastic ID card printer, is the best recommendation for you; suppose you are looking for professional-grade membership cards or photo ID cards for your institution. It quickly prints the best PVC cards, badges, and plastic cards since it is easy to use as a user-friendly plastic card printer. Additionally, it requires no expertise and less space to use it.
Badgy 100 prints quality color ID cards, yet it is very affordable. You can use it in companies or small offices as the best plastic ID card printer. On top of it all, you will guarantee clear prints with this type of ID card printer.
- User-friendly: Its built-in software offers five plans that are easy to use for beginners and experts. They include diamond, platinum, gold, silver, and bronze. Please note that features will vary among the different plans.
- Perfect Design: It is easy to maintain and handle from the home-use design. It is one of the best ID card printers for students due to its small portable size.
- Budget-friendly: You will have quality ID cards with this printer in addition to its affordable price. It can store 25 cards after printing and hold 25 cards to be printed. Don’t you think that’s an added advantage when you get the Badgy 100 Color Plastic ID card printer?
- Has software that is easy to use
- Portable in size
- Has a PC and Mac compatibility
- The absence of ethernet or wifi
4. Badgy 100 ID Card Printer – Bronze Edition
Badgy 100 ID card printer is among the best ID card printers available with or without the camera on purchase. You will have 25 cards at a time from its convenience, and in 45 seconds, you will have your colored cards printed. However, bulk printing has a lot to offer, making it perfect for businesses.
Nevertheless, it is beginner-friendly with an effortless setup. The ID card printer eliminates the need for additional downloads through the software compatibility with PC and MAC. You will also experience a two-year warranty cover for all the hardware.
- Easy to Install: Badgy 100 ID card printer is easy to set up for advanced and new users. Therefore, you will have no difficulties installing it for a quality printing experience.
- Included Warranty: The printer has a warranty extension for most products on a 15 to 30 days free return, regardless of your withdrawal statutory rights. However, you can make free returns within the said period if you have issues after completing your purchase.
- Reliable: Get yourself a new Badgy 100 ID card printer for an undoubtedly professional and dependable printing experience. Moreover, it comes in handy to print plastic IDs for events, employees, students, and members on a desktop.
- Bulk printing
- Excellent printing time
- Effortless setup
- Understandable software
- Uses cards from a similar brand
5. Fargo DTC1250e Single-Sided ID Card Printer
Fargo DTC1250e ID card printer has a full set of accessories among the best ID card printers. It can print 30 cards at a time with its additional input capacity of 100 cards. Plus, it is great for bulk printing, with only 16 seconds per card needed.
You can print cards like loyalty or healthcare cards alongside ID cards. Conversely, a 3-year warranty covers everything that comes with it on purchase. They include features like photo editor, drag-and-drop, and image browsing from the bronze software.
- Various Card Thickness: You will not have to stick to one print media since this printer allows several card thicknesses. The thickness ranges from 9 to 40 mil that is not harmful to the printing quality.
- Printing Technology: Fast printing speed comes from Fargo’s sophisticated printing technology. On the contrary, full-color printing takes 16 seconds, while monochrome printing takes around 6 seconds.
- Perfect Input and Output Hopper: Fargo has an ideal input and output to lessen your workload while printing many times at a go. It is convenient as it offers 30 output and 100 input hoppers.
- A warranty of three years
- The software is easily understandable
- The printing speed is super fast
- Great card input capacity
- Necessary accessories included
- Possible for only single-side printing
6. Magicard Enduro 3e Single-Sided ID Card Printer
The Single-sided Magicard Enduro 3e is perfect for ID cards, membership, or in-house photos since it includes all the items and software. It is easy to take photos using the ID card camera, and using your photo will only take 35 seconds.
The printer features MAC-certified plug-and-play drivers, an ethernet and USB port, LCD screen, and drivers for all windows versions. Moreover, you will have different Holo-Kote watermark patterns to choose from because it has a watermark security feature. You can print in a single pass on one or both sides of a card with security against unauthorized card copying from the watermark.
- Reliable: The ID card printer is perfect for medium-sized businesses, colleges, and schools, with a printing workload of up to 10,000 cards per year reliably. Alternatively, you will be guaranteed the best printing quality with the Magicard Enduro 3e single-sided printing card.
- Versatile: Simple installation and usage are added advantages making this print card versatile. You can also upgrade it to a dye film with a simple drop to enhance the double-sided printing.
- Flexible: You can write secure electronic data on the ID cards after issuance since the Enduro 3e can be equipped with a range of card encoding devices. Nevertheless, the hand-feed card slot on rewritable cards, print one-offs, or interchangeable 100-card feeder can batch print.
- Simple set up and ease of use
- Printing is fast at 35 seconds per card
- Enables black or full-color printing
- Prints both sides of the card as they are automatically flipped
- Prints from edge to edge
- A little pricey
7. Fargo HDP5000 Dual Sided High Definition ID Card
Fargo HDP5000 is an efficient printer with different features yet compact. It prints a variety of cards as an excellent product perfect for small to medium-sized businesses. Also, it creatively experiments flexibly how your card should look and offers a variety of shades, colors, and templates.
The ID card’s printing capacity is 100 PVC cards with a printing speed of 20 seconds per side. An easy-to-read LED screen, an ethernet, and an inbuilt USB port are perfect for businesses with urgent bulk demands of printing cards like clubs and libraries. Try it
- Enhanced Durability: Apply an overlaminate layer to the ID card for increased durability and security from the dual-sided lamination module of the printer. Nonetheless, you can prevent counterfeiting from different types of PolyGuard rolls that overlaminate the cards.
- Efficient: Produces a maximum of 138 cards in batch mode printing with a full-color YMC efficient speed of 26 seconds per card. It ensures no visible borders and supports printing over the edge with 0.04″ over bleed on every side with CR-80 cards.
- Good Quality: Compatible with windows and connects to the computer via Ethernet ports or USB 2.0. Plus, it holds over 100 cards at a time for input and 200-card capacity on the output hopper for good printing quality.
- User-friendly software
- Printing is end-to-end
- Certain cards can encode data
- Different designs and templates are available
- Some can be a bit expensive
8. Evolis Primacy Dual-Sided ID Card Printer
Evolis Primacy ID card printer review is worth considering; suppose you don’t want to hire an external printing vendor due to a small business. It produces dual-sided color printing that is of good quality. With a 100 card capacity, it takes about 23 seconds of printing.
Nonetheless, the printer is compatible with most operating systems from its design software and a color ribbon. You can choose from its twenty templates if you are looking forward to making membership or library cards. Ethernet and USB ports, plus their simple design, make it easy to use in as much as you can produce all types of cards from the various design templates.
- Impeccable Speed: You should consider the printing speed before buying a printer since it is one of the most significant features. Evolis ID card printer is harmless to the print quality, printing a single side in 20 seconds.
- Great Software: You can add your preferable logo and background to the Card Imaging design software in the printer. Plus, it has 20 bar code options if you need to use a barcode on the ID card.
- Free Warranty and Tech Support: Evolis has the added advantage of free tech support and warranty. You will be sorted out on any technical issues, setting up the printer, and how to use the software.
- Perfect for small businesses
- The software is user-friendly
- Simple setup
- In less time, you will have high-quality prints
- You might find the font colors unattractive
9. Complete AlphaCard ID Card Printer Bundle
The Complete AlphaCard ID card printer produces full-color ID cards for small-scale ID card programs in retail, education, membership, health, and fitness, as a powerful photo ID system. Each card is hand-fed into the printer and printed one by one since it is designed as an on-demand card printer. It efficiently prints cards as required through the low-volume card program at quick print speeds.
The ID card printer has an exclusive AlphaCare30 membership, 100 print YMCKO ribbon, a pilot printer, and AlphaCard ID card software. It has what you need to start printing ID cards among the best ID card printers. Try it out for a better printing experience you have been longing to achieve.
- Fast Printing Speed: Within 7 seconds, you will have your monochrome and full-color cards in 35 seconds. Moreover, the quick print speed adds to its efficiency.
- Latest Technology: The latest technology facilitates extra security throughout the card when printing watermarks. Alternatively, it uses dye sublimation printing technology.
- Compatibility: The ID card is compatible with YMCK ribbon, ID card software, 100 compatible blank cards, and AlphaCard Pilot printer. It is best for low-volume use through its hand-fed designed process.
- Impeccable printing speed
- The printing technology is dye sublimation
- Batches print cards
- No hoppers, hand-feed only
10. Fargo DTC4250e Dual-Sided ID Card Printer
Including every item you will need to make in-house photo ID cards, Fargo DTC4250e is a dual-sided card printer. With a full 3-year warranty, purchase includes drivers for Win 7-8-10, Vista, and Windows XP. A card imaging XXS edition ID card design software and 100 high-quality white PVC cards are also included.
The best ID badge printer machine and dual-sided ID card are made of mid-range volume ID card printing as a compact printer that is easy to use. With the ability to print simultaneously on both sides of the card, it still delivers high-quality full-color printing. You can use it for Door Access Cards, Membership Cards, Photo IDs, Loyalty Cards, and Gift Cards.
- Efficient: Fargo has an efficient energy consumption that makes it eco-friendly. Moreover, you will also find the refill ribbon in the printer quite efficient. Please try it out for a better printing experience.
- Versatile: It can be further attached to several modules from its modular design. It then expands the printer’s features through the linked modules and saves the cost to help organizations choose one according to their need.
- Added Security: This allows you to encode personal documents and protect your privacy using a wholly integrated iCLASS SE encoder. It ultimately enables you to program the printer with any physical access control system or design the cards locally using the software provided.
- Simple use and set up
- Low energy consumption
- Perfect for high-security cards
- Best for printing in bulk
- Printing speed is a little low.
You must consider factors when looking for the best ID card printers. And the above list is featured in this article after having passed the said features. Would you mind reading on to find out?
A printer that can keep up with good printing quantity is a perfect recommendation, especially for a business. It efficiently clears the bulk within no time to keep your business on the go. Moreover, it is important to research the printing capacity depending on your intended use before settling for one.
Consider the available space you will keep the printer before making your purchase. Be sure to keep it in an accessible area since you will make use of it quite often.
You can choose from reverse technology and DTC ID card printers, where the image is directly transferred to the PVC card printer in Direct-To-Card (DTC) technology. On the other hand, the image is printed on a card using pressure and heat after first going on a clear film in reverse technology. The faster method is DTC, although they are both popular.
The speed at which a printer generates output is one major factor in the buying guide. You will agree with me that a printer that cannot keep up with the required number of cards is worse than having no printer at all. Go for 20-30 seconds for color printing and about 5-7 seconds for monochrome printing. Nonetheless, you can zero in on the speed since it depends entirely on the kind of volume you’ll be working with.
Please look out for features that can protect your information because ID cards are mainly used for security purposes. Look for one that can secure, create, and encode data to secure your printing needs. Alternatively, add a layer of protection with a machine that is protected with a password.
Some printers may allow you to print in any color, while others come with a YMCKT (yellow, magenta, cyan, black, and topcoat) ink ribbon. Purchase a printer after figuring out your ID cards and business needs.
How to Use ID Card Printer
It is important to stay informed about using an ID card printer if you purchased it for private or commercial purposes. Nevertheless, it maximizes card production and design efficiency as you build your confidence and learn how to use it. These simple steps will guide you through:
- Install the printer card and driver after setting up the ID card. Ensure everything is working well after an equipment check.
- Take care of the print head and create the card layouts and templates from your design. Your print head may be dirty or damaged if you notice a long white line running across the design when printing.
- Encode a magnetic stripe field and configure a barcode.
- Connect an external source to an existing database to manage it and import records or data.
- Add records to the database manually to create cards and efficiently batch print your ID cards.
- Familiarize yourself with the calibration and cleaning process after installing the printer supplies to maintain the printer.
You can create professional plastic IDs at a reasonable cost without spending on any expensive equipment. It allows your company to add necessary information or flexibly change the design when printing your cards in-house. It requires less time and cost in a simple DIY process. Please read on to find out.
- Select the right printer based on your requirements first. You can choose from printers that can write to magnetic stripes, encode smart cards, or dual-sided ones.
- Invest in some kind of card software to design and create a photo ID. It creates a standard template for all your cards and makes it easier to type a text with an easy-to-use template.
- Print out your ID and ensure before printing, you turn off the front and back visibility.
- Out of the micro-perforated Teslin sheet, you simply need to punch the ID card.
- Laminate the Teslin and put it inside the pouch. You can achieve this by holding everything in place, including the Teslin paper inside the carrier, and sealing it inside the pouch after alignment.
- The ID card will come out on the other side as the laminator takes it in with the folded side first as you feed the pouch or carrier into the laminator.
- You have your first ID card after going through all the steps.
You can print ID cards on three types of printers, namely, Reverse Transfer, Direct-to-Card, and Near-to-Edge printers. The printed film is rolled onto the card with intense heat as the print-head prints to a transfer film backward in Reverse Transfer. In Direct-to-Card, the print-head contacts the card directly while Near to Edge printers print from the edge of the card stock up to 5mm.
Laminating ID cards makes the cards tamper-proof and significantly extends the life of your card. Also, it adds up a more professional look to it and seals in the image that is imprinted. The lamination, therefore, adds up an additional layer after printing your card.
Your printer and computer will give you the tools you need to print and create on almost any card-stock design. It gives your printed projects a professional look and feels between thin cardboard and thick paper. However, be sure to adjust a few settings first because most printers can print on the card.
Make use of badge holders to make your ID last longer. It helps reduce the time and cost of replacement in the long run. The best ID badge holders protect the card from bending, dirt, and moisture as a plastic protective envelope. They have added durability and provide a standard level of protection.
Manually checked ID cards do not need a magnetic swiped stripe through a reader on a single-sided printer, while a dual-sided printer would be best for printing more complex cards with text and information spreading on both sides. Also, dual-sided card printers are for cards that need an area of signature or a magnetic stripe with many data fields.
The best ID card printers vary to give you the best of what you are looking for among the several available in the market. Also, note that anything can be termed the best, so it’s upon you to do thorough research before settling for one. I hope this article has unveiled everything you need to know about ID card printers. You now know what to look at when getting one bearing your requirements in mind.
Nonetheless, the right ID card printer will ultimately offer you time-saving and financial advantages. Also, don’t forget to maintain the ribbons and clean them to avoid damaging the fragile parts for proper care after purchase. Enjoy your shopping experience!