Well, sublimation has always been a lucrative task for all of us. But every time we do not get our expected results because of having average printers. Still, there is nothing to worry about as the best printer for sublimation is available in the market. We need to justify which product can serve us flawlessly.
Contrastingly, quality is also an important thing. Unless we do not find excellent quality in printers, our whole acquisition goes bland. For this reason, we need to make sure of every feature in our product. On the other hand, all customers are not affiliated with every feature of a first-rate printer too.
I have enlisted some excellent products below to meet all your confusion regarding purchasing a sublimation printer. Additionally, you will get to know why and what makes you choose the preferred Printer for yourself.
Our Favorite Printer for Sublimation
Top 10 Best Printer For Sublimation Reviews- 2022
1. HP Smart Tank Plus 651
While searching for the best printer for sublimation, HP Smart Tank Plus 651 is always in the first position. Along with easy mobile printing, this printer offers the best quality prints having two years of ink in its bottles. Besides, HP Smart Tank delivers up to 6000 black pages or 8000 color pages.
Whether fax functions, copy, scan, or print, HP Smart 651 leaves no stone unturned in versatility. Meanwhile, high-quality graphics and vibrant text will be accessible to anyone with an HP Tank printer. Here, you can scan and print documents using your smartphone. Just install the app named HP’s best-in-class, and you are good to go.
HP Smart Plus comes with an integrated ink tank design to give a spill-free refill. Moreover, there will be adequate conveniences because of the automatic ink sensor. Similarly, managing inks will no longer be a hindrance since HP Tank contains resealable bottles.
No doubt, the HP Tank printer has a super-fast speed while processing. Since it owns an automatic document feeder, prevailing 35 pages at a time is not a big deal. Besides, HP Smart comes up with 11ppm to give fast printings.
If you are thinking about limitations in paper sizes, then stop right there. HP Smart 651 adapts to almost every page size. Such as 8×10 in, 5×7 in, 4×6 in, 3×5 in.
- Can reliably connect to dual-band Wifi
- Owns an automatic document feeder
- Works faster with 11ppm
- Adapts with almost all paper sizes
- Comes with an integrated ink tank
2. HP ENVY Pro All-in-One Printer
If you are wanting for a printer for use from home, HP Envy Pro would be a salient choice. Moreover, we can encourage our families to be more productive by showcasing epic scans and prints. Again, automatic two-sided printing will also be possible here with borderless photos. And because of the automatic document feeder, you can get 35 pages within hand-free tasks.
From now on, you can save up to 50%, as Envy Pro is now available to customers from door to door. Hence, our work-from-home will be more accessible due to the extended service of this product. Besides, saving lots of time will be more straightforward now with HP Pro Printer. It explicitly secures mobile faxes from PC, tablets, smartphones, etc.
Envy All-in-One Printer owns better connectivity where a self-healing Wifi works the best.
Print and scan
You can print anything virtually using the HP Smart App from now on. Again, you can share your important documents with third-party software like Google Drive and Dropbox. Anyways, printing with a smartphone can become your daily task by Envy Pro Printer.
Within a one-year limited warranty, HP Envy gives no objection regarding its efficiency. Also, you will get free web support here for up to 7 days. Furthermore, your every print and scan will be one in a blink of an eye for sure.
- Works well with an automatic document feeder
- Ensures two-sided printing
- Interior plastic is 20% recycled
- Delivers free ink for up to 4 months
- Has a limited warranty of 1 year
- Offers free web support
3. HP OfficeJet Pro Wireless Printer
HP OfficeJet Pro is a reliable product to give your business productivity a new standard. HP 8035 Printer is none other than a revolutionary printer for homes and offices. Additionally, eight months of ink is available in OfficeJet Pro and delivered from door to door.
Due to having the capability of scan-to-USB, this printer features innovative tasks to save time and increase productivity. Besides, maintaining privacy and control will be in your hand since HP’s Printer plays a significant role in reducing interruptions. All thanks to its best-in-class security and self-healing Wifi. Even if you choose different connectivity for OfficeJet Printer, getting high-quality prints from here is a must.
Especially for repetitive tasks, HP Wireless Printer delivers work 50% faster than any other printer. Also, we will be able to sync our essential files in Google Drive and Quickbooks from this printer.
Instead of a sustainable design, OfficeJet Printer includes some sorts of electrons and recycled plastics. Here, 15% of weight involves plastic.
HP OfficeJet Wireless Printer delivers ink service charging three dollars a month. Meanwhile, this original HP ink will be available before your ink runs out. In addition, getting 20 pages every minute will be a cakewalk for you with the OfficeJet printer.
From now on, anyone can protect their sensitive data with HP Pro Printer since it has built-in security essentials. Such as document protection, Wifi security, password protection, and basic encryption.
- Can give up to 20 pages in a minute
- Has capabilities like- scan-to-USB, fax, etc.
- Works 50% faster than any ordinary printer
- 20% plastic is recycled
- Owns an automatic document feeder prevailing 35 pages
4. HP DeskJet 2755 All-in-One Printer
To get all essentials of a printer at an affordable price, one must look to HP DeskJet 2755. Moreover, HP All-in-One Printer tends to be an easy-to-use device maintaining versatility. Especially for simple printings, nothing can be better than DeskJet. As HP 2755 acquires an HP Instant Ink, consumers can easily order this printer and find it from door-to-doors. Along with saving time, DeskJet 2755 helps increase the productivity of many users.
While maintaining privacy and control, this product also reduces interruptions within best-in-class security. And special thanks to its self-healing Wifi. No matter what type of connectivity you choose, getting outstanding print results will happen.
Being 14% smaller than other printers, OfficeJet Pro prints faster, getting 20 pages in a minute.
Overall, HP 2755 works 50% faster by eliminating all steps of repetitive tasks. Consequently, the DeskJet printer allows syncing all necessary files to Google Drive and QuickBooks. Again, office workers can get a big hand in organizing receipts and documents perfectly.
Printing from remote places will be easier now with DeskJet printers. However, this printer occupies an HP Smart app to access scans, copies, prints, monitor ink levels, and so on.
- A versatile and easy-to-use device
- Best for simple printings
- All essentials maintain built-in-security
- Available now from door to doors
- Every performance is accessing
- Helps in organizing receipts and documents perfectly
5. HP OfficeJet 200 Portable Printer
HP OfficeJet offers portable printings without requiring any network connections. You will get adequate pages within every cartridge in very little time. Also, HP OfficeJet 200 holds a long-lasting battery life-giving a better performance to telecommuters and professionals. Taking this printer to any place will not be difficult because of its compact design.
Alongside, HP 200 can be present anywhere virtually as of the design. In contrast, you will need no router here to make your essential prints in a click. Being durable enough, OfficeJet 200 fits anywhere, e.g., in a backpack, cars, etc. Yet, all the printings these printer avails are convenient to process.
No doubt, HP OfficeJet 200 can be charged from any office, car, home, etc. To make it work, you will have to connect your AC power and wait for 90 minutes to get this printer charged. And do not forget to turn off your HP 200 while charging it.
Unquestionably, OfficeJet’s printer has enormous capacity. For instance, you can look at all standard and maximum input capacities based on their traits.
Cards- Up to 20 maximum input capacity
Transparencies- Up to 5 maximum input capacity
Sheets- Upto 50 maximum input capacity
Labels- Upto 5 maximum input capacity
4×6 photos- Up to 20 maximum input capacity
Photo paper- Up to 20 maximum input capacity
Legal- Up to 50 standard input capacity
Envelopes- Up to 5 maximum input capacity
- Does not require any network connection
- Provides adequate pages within every cartridge
- Charges quickly in 90 minutes
6. HP DeskJet Plus 4155 Wireless Printer
HP DeskJet Plus 4155 meets all requirements of reliability in a printer. However, tackling copy, scan, and print jobs is like a cakewalk for HP DeskJet. Within 35 pages of the automatic document feeder, DeskJet Plus ensures an intuitive control panel and secured faxes. Besides, HP 4155 has plastic where 20 percent is completely recycled. DeskJet Plus 4155 owns an HP Instant Ink. It orders the ink and combinedly delivers it straight to consumers’ doors.
Again, HP DeskJet provides reliable connections of dual-band Wifi having a self-reset. And by using the HP Smart App, anyone can share and scan their documents in Cloud, Email, Google Drive, Dropbox, and so on.
Scanning and printing from anywhere virtually will be possible now with HP 4155. As mentioned before, all third parties can quickly access this printer.
DeskJet Plus acquires 20% recycled plastic with an intuitive control panel and mobile fax like other high-quality printers.
There will be no issues to stress about the wireless connection of Plus 4155. The reason is, this printer comes up with reliable connections of dual-band Wifi, including a self-reset.
All in all, HP DeskJet has a limited warranty of 1 year and free web support for up to 7 days.
- Can easily tackle copy, scan, and print jobs
- Comes with 35 pages automatic document feeder
- Offers free web for 7 days
- Has a limited warranty for 1 year
7. HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer
Sometimes, getting a high-quality printer keeping our budget in mind can be quite hard. But when it is about HP OfficeJet Pro 6978, the price won’t matter at all. Here, the quality of color is professional, bearing 50% in cost.
Just connect your tablet or smartphone with this printer and see excellent results of authentic prints. Moreover, you will not need any network connection even to do so. By printing your papers wirelessly, you can share all of those documents on wireless-enabled devices as well. Consequently, you will set all your paces for success by getting rapid scans, copies, and prints.
Along with quick scans and prints, HP OfficeJet 6978 ensures convenience. Just connect your PC, tablet, or smartphone with this printer and see what magic it does. HP Pro will need a wireless connection or Ethernet despite not requiring any cable connections.
Especially for business and professional tasks, OfficeJet Pro is a great alternative. Again, handling huge chunks of functions with 50% fewer lasers is like the essence of HP’s printer.
Like HP OfficeJet Pro 6960, HP 6978 owns all first-rated features, e.g., network functions, scan to email, task management, etc. Besides, duplexing the document feeder and scanning can be done perfectly. As a result, office workers can complete their tasks and do two-sided copying with a click.
- Colours are of professional-quality
- Per page cost 50% less than other printers
- It is easily accessible to other devices
- No network connection needed
- Functionality and productivity is up to the mark
8. Brother Monochrome Laser Printer
PTD210 Brother Monochrome Laser Printer is easy to use a product that would be best as an office label and home printer. Anyways, to give your home and office a nice professional look, Brother Monochrome is the perfect one. Besides, accessing templates, frames, symbols is a straightforward task here. Also, you will get enough flexibility to preview various texts with the PTD210 printer. Hence, saving your supply, money, and time will not bother you at all.
Moreover, Brother Laser Printer allows designers to design different labels for professional-looking with its label maker. Similarly, 97 frames, 10 unique styles, 14 fonts, and 600+ symbols.
Keeping us waiting for a few minutes, the Brother Monochrome printer prints a huge amount of copies. Besides, PTD210 maintains an increased efficiency, where you will get 32 pages in each minute with a speed of class-leading print.
Well, it will fulfill all your envelope needs with some dynamic features of Monochrome Laser Printer. Additionally, you will get an excellent paper capacity of 250 pages by combining an improved efficiency.
Unquestionably, Brother printer delivers flexible printing, where the manual feed slot ensures excellent handling of papers. Furthermore, you will get various options in your work, e.g., envelope, card stock, etc. Therefore, anyone can create their professional-looking documents faster.
- Best as an office label and home printer
- It is an accessible product
- Has a paper capacity of 250 pages per minute
- Prevails a professional look
9. Canon TR7020 Wireless Printer
For every home and work needs, Canon TR7020 Printer. Being simple in usage, Canon Pixma holds easy-to-setup abilities as well. Alongside, Canon Wireless Printer owns rich features, like a 1.4″ OLED Display to give a lower power consumption. In addition, the automatic document feeder here is so compact that you can efficiently confirm all your appliances quickly.
Likewise, TR7020 is excellent for front and rear paper feedings and auto-duplex printings. Furthermore, it can handle varieties of tasks easily with Canon’s Printer. For example, conducting virtual classrooms, scanning signed contacts, etc.
Without needing any wiring connection, Canon TR7020 Printer delivers excellent performance. Lightly, tablet, smartphone, laptop can be easily accessible with this printer.
Well, any smartphone or tablet can get easy access to Canon Wireless Printer. Just install the Canon PRINT App, and you are good to go with the process.
Automatic document feeder
Like any other first-rated printer, the TR7020 Printer has an automatic document feeder within a capacity of 35 pages.
- Great for front and rear paper feedings
- Conveys auto-duplex printings
- It is accessible with any device
- Goes well with the Canon Print app
- Owns a 35-pages automatic document feeder
10. Canon PIXMA TR4520 Photo Printer
Usually, huge printers create a lot of problems regarding space. But if it is about Canon PIXMA TR4520, you will be able to do abundant printings by its compact design. Defeating all those bulky printers, Canon PIXMA ensures an extended performance throughout. Besides, Canon TR4520 combines two-sided auto printing to maintain smoothness in complex tasks.
Since Canon Photo Printer owns an ADF, scanning and fax numerous papers would be easy. Even being at a compact size, PIXMA’s Printer always stays productive.
Anyways, smartphones are essential nowadays. And whenever you get to use your phone for printing, half of your problems vanish consequently.
As the TR4520 Photo Printer consists of USB connectivity, you can carry lots of information swiftly. Again, this printer prevails no hindrances while connecting to various operating systems, like- Android, IOS, and Windows 10 Mobile.
Because of having a dash replenishment, Canon’s Printer saves 10% of ink reorder. Furthermore, you will not need any subscription fees for this product, thus keeping its ink level up to the mark.
- Grants efficient features within a small size
- Best for unlimited fax and scans
- Maintains smoothness in complex tasks
- Accessible with USB and operating systems
Best Printer for Sublimation Buying guide
Before buying a sublimation printer, it is essential to consider some factors that make a printer high-quality. However, making an informed choice at first glance is nothing unusual among the consumers.
We have enlisted some salient traits here to ensure you do not choose any wrong printer for yourself. By reading them, you will hardly find any problems regarding your acquisition.
Well, sublimation printers cost more than regular printers. Contrastingly, some printers provide sub-par resolution. Instead of going for them, DPI (Dots Per Inch) in a printer can give you more sharpness, density, and clarity in a picture.
If you pick a higher resolution printer, your images will surely turn out well-lighted in place of smooth gradations. Besides, reduced grains and exact colors in papers will inevitable due to high print resolution.
Your printer matters a lot while choosing a printer for you based on what you will be using. For instance, printers for professional use and hobbies should not be the same either.
Some printers allow different designs on t-shirts, plaques, mugs, etc. Such types of printers are demanding for business purposes. You will get them specifically in professional events, digital printing centers, photo booths, etc.
On the other, there are some models too that produce smudge-proof images. And those who are fond of beautiful picture frames and scrapbooks can go for ordinary sublimation printers.
Latest sublimation printers can adapt to any device in a minute. Most printers come with Bluetooth or wireless connectivity and a parallel port or USB port.
However, wireless printers give a direct transmission of images from any device. Henceforth, we can get quick printings with built-in apps and faster transfers.
How to use a sublimation printer for t-shirts?
One of the top reasons for sublimating onto t-shirts is getting a photo-quality image with super vibrant colors. Not only that, but since you are dying, the transfer doesn’t feel like it’s there at all, making it very light to wear. Lastly, sublimation is a permanent solution and has a fantastic washability if you are new to sublimation.
- First, you need a sublimated printing system, a spot of specialized printer ink and paper made especially for sublimation; you will also need a heat press and a t-shirt.
- Then, it would be better if you had a 100% polyester t-shirt because of the nature of the supplementary process. You can not use organic materials like cotton; the dye will simply not stick to it; for the best, go for 100% polyester.
- A sawgrass printer can be a good option for a sawgrass print manager. This program optimizes printers’ output. So my colours will be true once sublimated. It also mirrors images by default and has a lot of other helpful functions as well.
- You will notice how your print looks a little dull and washed out. However, it is normal since sublimation Inks don’t reach their full brilliance until heated up. So once we sublimate this transfer onto our t-shirt, the colours will go.
- Now we will centre our shirt on the lower platen and pre-press for about three seconds. Pre-pressing them will help remove any moisture from the shirt and get a smooth flat surface to work.
- Next, we will put our printed transfer upside down on our shirts. You can use an alignment tool to get more professional results.
- Before pressing, make sure to put a parchment paper to cover your transfer to protect your heating element from any out the gas dye.
- Then we will slide and press the lower plate back and for fifty seconds at three hundred and eighty-five degrees Fahrenheit.
- Three eighty-five on fifty seconds works perfectly depending on the environment you may need.
- Our print is done. Now remove the parchment paper slowly and let it cool before you pill it off. Then pull the transfer straight up, so the colours don’t spread.
That’s how you sublimate on a t-shirt
How to Do Sublimation?
First of all,
we will need something to print to get into sublimation. So you must have a sublimation printer.
- Be ready with sublimation ink. You will also need sublimation paper to print your sublimation designs on.
- Again, blanks are what you can do sublimation on that have a polyester coating. Well, sublimation coating comes in plastics and, of course, mugs as well. Down there, you will get to see metal ornaments.
- Most of the time, you’ll see sublimation blanks in either white or light colours. But you can go a little bit darker.
- Now, when you go with the darker shirt like grey. So if you were to put yellow on the shirt, a fairly light colour, it would turn the colour of that yellow. Some of that grey would show through, and it would change the colour.
- And some of those, like this printer, choose a small version to get started.
- So you can start going large if you would like to. And that’s where you can get into some of those larger size blanks.
- You could just get like a practice cloth like this is just sheets of material for practice. And you can practice printing your item and then pressing it onto fabric or whatever.
- Next, we will need some sort of heat to apply our sublimation print to our blank.
- You can use a heat press. An EasyPress will work.
- Something that would be better is a Cricut mug press. But I do recommend that you have a dedicated oven.
- So perhaps you want to start small, you know, maybe not the smallest EasyPress.
- Suppose you want to start small and move up. Or if you want to start with something larger right off, it does not matter.
- Then see how much you like sublimation. And then you can move up from there. So now we have the heat. You are going to be pressing this stuff at like 400 degrees. Sometimes maybe even more. And these things will get hot.
- So we’re talking about pressing metal, slate, glass, ceramic, and it sucks that heat in and holds it for a long time. However, heat resistant gloves will be your friend.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Use Any Printer for Sublimation?
Every printer does not hold the capability of using sublimation papers. The reason is, sublimation papers are built differently. Ink can work properly on paper when it is about a regular printer. However, most printers do not contain ink cartridges or printer heads. As a result, such printers fail to work in sublimation processes.
What Printer Can I Use for Sublimation?
Here are some amazing printers below for sublimation-
- Epson SureColor F570 Sublimation Printer
- Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Printer
- Epson WorkForce WF-7710 Printer
- Epson SureColor F170 Dye-Sublimation Printer
- Epson EcoTank ET-15000 printer
- SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG400 Sublimation Printer
- SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG500
- Epson Workforce WF-7210 Printer
Do You Have to Have a Special Printer for Sublimation?
Nothing but a particular printer can help us with sublimation. Well, the most famous printer you can have is Ricoh. It Would be a great alternative to use, especially with Sawgrass inks.
What Materials Do You Need for Sublimation?
Some essential materials that you need for sublimation are:
- Sublimation paper
- Butcher paper
- Heat transfer tape
- Parchment paper
- Teflon sheets and pillows
- Adhesive spray for sublimation
What Software Do You Use for Sublimation?
The best software to use for sublimation are-
- Photoshop – Best for creative workers and designers
- GIMP – Substitute of Adobe Suite
- Illustrator – Works great for drawing own designs
- Canva- Suitable as a low-cost software and for those who use pre-made designs and images
While imprinting a design, sublimation printers are the only solution to make our tasks excellent. Summing up, the best printer for sublimation can remove all our stresses related to sublimation printing.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 and Brother Monochrome Laser printer are pretty leading in the market. If you want proof of commendable reviews from customers, you must look at these two products. Meanwhile, go through all the above products and know which printer got your requirements.