With the combination of features and specs, it can’t be beaten. They can be expensive, leaving some to find one of the best window light blocking.
The window light blocking are designed to mimic the feel of the original products without the high price point or use of harmful materials.
This is why we dug in and came out with our list of the best window light blocking for anyone who might not be able to afford one or may not be a fan of this brand.
But is there any real merit to going the alternative route? Is it just a fad, or does ditching the minty stuff do you good?
Let’s take a look at some contenders for the teeth-cleaning crown!
VELIMAX Static Cling Total Blackout Window Film Privacy Room Darkening Window Tint Black Window...
|9.5||Buy on Amazon|
Keego 100% Blackout PVC Light Blockers for Window Shades and Blinds - Block Light Along The Sides of...
|9.2||Buy on Amazon|
VELIMAX White Blackout Window Film, 100% Light Blocking Window Cover, Opaque Window Cling Vinyl,...
|9.2||Buy on Amazon|
MiLin 100% Blackout Light Blockers Side Tracks for Window Shades and Blinds, PVC Light Blocking...
|9.8||Buy on Amazon|
Blackout EZ - Total Sunlight Blocking Window Cover - Complete Light Block for: Living Room, Nursery,...
|9.3||Buy on Amazon|
Redi Shade No Tools Easy Lift Trim-at-Home Cordless Pleated Light Blocking Fabric Shade White, 30 in...
|9.3||Buy on Amazon|
Finnez Blackout Window Privacy Film No Glue Necesary Static Cling,Anti-UV,Black Window Film 100%...
|9.7||Buy on Amazon|
Stealth Mode Leather Bifold Wallet for Men With ID Window and RFID Blocking (Light Brown)
|9.6||Buy on Amazon|
Total Blackout Window Film: 100% Light Blocking Film with Heat Resistant White Side - Room...
|9.7||Buy on Amazon|
Heat Control Window Film, Window Tint Sun Blocking Blackout and UV Protection, one-Way Privacy...
|9.4||Buy on Amazon|
List of Best window light blocking
The window light blocking aren’t just necessary for avoiding the cost of pricey models; they’re also a little fun. There are many reasons people like having a window light blocking:
- Adds personalization and character
- It gives you a secure feeling
- Sometimes even better performance
- They can get more features than the original brand
- Some knock-off brands even manufacture the more solid product
- Variation in color, style & designs
- Make operations and processes more efficient.
- Dramatically reduce costs and waste.
VELIMAX Static Cling Total Blackout Window Film Privacy Room Darkening Window Tint Black Window Cover 100% Light Blocking No Glue (17.7 x 78.7 inches)
- ROOM DARKENING - Our blackout window film stops at least 99% of daylight and also provides comprehensive two-way privacy, ideal for someone who needs day sleep and complete privacy.
- APPLICABLE SCOPE - ONLY apply this film on on single panes of glass, or on modern double glazed units made of toughened glass. The glass must be smooth and flat. You can DIY this film as a glass décor by cutting it into any shape.
- REUSABLE WINDOW FILM - Glue free design, very easy to take off and reuse, no residue left. Roll up and keep it well when you don't need it until next time application.
- HEAT CONTROL - Besides blocking UV, our black window film are very effective at controlling excess heat and glare, also does well in protecting the home furnishing from fading .
- NON ADHESIVE - Static cling window film without glue, made of environmental friendly materials, very easy to install. Soapy water is the key ingredient, and PEELING OFF THE BACKING LINER is necessary.
Keego 100% Blackout PVC Light Blockers for Window Shades and Blinds - Block Light Along The Sides of Blackout Blinds Great for Bedroom Nursery, Light Blocking Strips (White, 58.5", 2pcs)
- 📧【BLOCKS 100% of LIGHT】 Along sides of Blackout Window Blinds (Does not include shade)- Keego Light blocker prevent light gaps on blinds and windows. Stop the light from coming in through the sides of your Blackout Blinds & shades, ideal for office, media rooms, bedrooms, and wherever naps are taken.
- 📧【CUT AT HOME】 Keego Light blocking strips come in a range of lengths and can be trimmed to fit your windows size. Just cut them with sturdy kitchen scissors or a hacksaw. Standard size: 58.5" x 1.2" x 0.9". Made of light absorbing PVC plastic material.
- 📧【EASY TO USE】Just peel the sticky backing and stick to the side of your window. Light Blockers should be placed as close to the Blackout window shades as possible for maximum coverage. Works on cellular shades, honeycomb blinds, roller shades and blinds, roman shades and more.
- 📧【HOW THE LIGHT BLOCKER WORKS?】All window treatment must be made slightly smaller than the window opening to prevent rubbing on window frame when blackout shade is raised or lowered, so light may shine through. Light Blockers are an L-shaped piece of plastic that goes in front of or behind your window covering to block the part of the window that is not covered.
VELIMAX White Blackout Window Film, 100% Light Blocking Window Cover, Opaque Window Cling Vinyl, Privacy Film for Glass Windows, Sun Blocking Window Films Non Adhesive, 17.7in x 78.7in
- 100% LIGHT BLOCKING - Our white blackout window film stops 100% of daylight and also provides comprehensive two-way privacy. Ideal for babies or toddlers who struggle with falling asleep, or shift workers who need to sleep during daytime hours.
- WIDE APPLICATION SCOPES - The static cling white-out window film is ideal to use on glass door panels, mirrored wardrobes, conservatories, shower screens and garden sheds. The glass must be smooth and flat. You can DIY this film as a glass décor by cutting it into any shape..
- STATIC CLING - VELIMAX blackout window film uses static cling which means no adhesive is needed. The non adhesive material is suited to temporary uses. It is easy to apply and remove and it can even be reused. Soapy water is the key ingredient, and PEELING OFF THE BACKING LINER is necessary. The sun blocking window vinyl is a great substitute for curtains or window blinds.
- REUSABLE WINDOW FILM - With the glue free design, the window film is very easy to remove and reuse, no residue left. Roll up and keep it well when you don't need it until next time application.
- HEAT CONTROL & SAFE - This white version blackout window cover does a great job of controlling the excess heat. Thanks to the white color, it won't absorb too much heat during hot summer. It has no risk of breaking glass, and it's safe for using on all kinds of glass.
MiLin 100% Blackout Light Blockers Side Tracks for Window Shades and Blinds, PVC Light Blocking Strips Block Light Along Two Sides of Windows Great for Bedroom Nursery (White)
- 【100% Satisfaction Guarantee】If for any reason you decide that The Light Gap Blockers are not suitable for your windows, simple return them within 30 days and receive a 100% money-back refund. You don't need to pay for return shipping.
- 【Do Your Blinds or Shades Leak Some Annoying Lights?】For inside mount, all window blinds & shades must need to reduces some width to avoid fabric rubbing against the wall when blackout shades are raised or lowered, so this light blocker is important to help you get 100% blackout effect.
- 【EASILY CUT AT HOME】Standard size: 58.5" x 1.2" x 1.2". Just cut them with sturdy kitchen scissors or a hacksaw, easily trim at home for the perfect fit your window frame. Install in seconds without a drill, screws, or brackets - No Tools Needed.
- 【BLOCK LIGHTS UP TO 100%】100% shading effect can be achieved if the product can be installed in a perfect fit, help for privacy protection and quality sleep. Works on most blackout blinds for windows including Cellular Shades, Roller Shades, Roman Shades, Zebra Shades... Ideal for office, media rooms, bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms etc.
- 【How the Light Blockers Works?】Made of light absorbing PVC plastic material. L-shaped light blockers goes in front or behind your window shades to prevent light gaps on windows, stop the light comes from sides of your blinds for windows.
Blackout EZ - Total Sunlight Blocking Window Cover - Complete Light Block for: Living Room, Nursery, Home Theatre, TV Room, Large - Customizable to (45" x 66") Black in / White Out - Made in USA
- FOR COMPLETE DARK ROOM BLACKOUT - Get your sleep and privacy! Works great in nurseries, children's, bed, tv, and game rooms kitchen, bathrooms, dorms, hotel - Ideal for shift workers, doctors, nurses, students, and sun room sleepers.
- EXCLUSIVE HOOK & LOOP VELCRO FASTENING SYSTEM - Seals tight around window frame for total blackout! Better than curtains, blinds or shades and easily removes and reinstalls as needed. Designed to be removed and reinstalled daily if preferred.
- INSTALLS IN MINUTES - NO TOOLS REQUIRED - Scissor cuttable material and printed cutting line grid allows for quick and easy fit on windows up to 45x66". No need for drills, screws and measuring.
- USE WITH EXISTING WINDOW TREATMENTS - This is not an adhesive film or static cling. It attaches to the window frame and does not affect the window. Blocker can be used alone with other decorative or professional treatments.
- HOA AND WINDOW WARRANTY COMPLIANT - White outside facing material does not heat or crack glass and the view from the street is not obvious. Looks like a curtain or blind from the street!
Redi Shade No Tools Easy Lift Trim-at-Home Cordless Pleated Light Blocking Fabric Shade White, 30 in x 64 in, (Fits windows 19 in - 30 in)
- Your No Tools window covering solution for over 30 years — crisp 1 ¼ inch pleats provide enhanced privacy and UV protection with rounded bottom rail and finished end caps for a smart look
- Trim at Home for a perfect fit then, install with No Tools — no drill, screws, or brackets needed for installation; inside mount requires 1 ¼ inch minimum window depth
- Trim your shade with a straight-edged kitchen knife using included patented trimming scale and guide; then permanently install in seconds with Simple Stick No Tools peel-and-place application
- Cordless lift mechanism for easy operation and clean appearance — safe for children and pets
- Exclusive energy efficient composite fabric helps keep rooms cool from harsh sunlight
Finnez Blackout Window Privacy Film No Glue Necesary Static Cling,Anti-UV,Black Window Film 100% Light Blocking for Home Or Office(17.5 x 78.7 Inches)
- 【EASY INSTALLATION】- This Blackout Window Film is super easy to install.Not glue necesary,it's adhesive with static cling and keep the glass clean and tidy,you only need water and spatula.Our Window Film is even easily removable for multiple uses and doesn't leave any sticky residue.
- 【USES & DETAILS】- Our Privacy Window Film arrives rolled up and rolls out into sizes,you can cut the size you want for the glass or cut in different pattern to decor your glass,this Black window Film can be used for windows,sliding doors and more.
- 【SATISFACTION GUARANTEE】- FINNEZ SERVICE will satisfy our guestswe,we dedicated to providing 100% customer satisdaction,if you have any questions or concerns with your product, just send us an email and we will be here to help you.
- 【SIMPLE APPEARACE】- The Privacy Window Film make with a excellent vinyl and it's frosted style make it more luxurious and instantly change any space.This Blackout Window Film with the simple black design darken the room and can let you have a good sleep even at day.
- 【PROTECTION AND PRIVACY】- Finnez Blackout Window Film keep unwanted eyes away from your territory making a MAXIMUM PRIVACY and our Privacy Window Film can filter strong sun glares and 100% of harmful UV rays with the top rated.
Stealth Mode Leather Bifold Wallet for Men With ID Window and RFID Blocking (Light Brown)
- Packaged in a handsome box, this stealth wallet makes a great gift for men.
- This high capacity wallet features quality napa leather, 12 credit card card slots and a flip out ID window, divided billfold, and our secure RFID blocking lining to keep your personal and financial info safe.
- The RFID blocking lining helps keep your personal and financial info safe by blocking malicious attempts to steal your identity from your chip enable cards. Our lining blocks high frequency (13.56 MHz) RFID signals.
- Enjoy style and safety together with Stealth Mode's mens wallet with id window
- Measuring 4.25" x 3.25 when closed this men's wallet has 12 card slots plus an ID flap and can comfortably fit 15+ cards. It also includes a divided billfold to keep your money and receipts organized.
Total Blackout Window Film: 100% Light Blocking Film with Heat Resistant White Side - Room Darkening, Static Cling Film for Privacy & Day Sleep - No Residue, Stops UV, Easy Removal (17.5 x 160 in.)
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – Contact us anytime via Amazon for a free refund, no return necessary!
- 100% LIGHT BLOCKING to make your room as dark as night in the light of day – darker than curtains!
- WHITE EXTERIOR reduces heat, reflects UV rays, and improves appearance from the outside
- GREAT FOR DAY SLEEPING OR BABY NURSERY - sleep perfectly sound no matter the time of day
- SUPER STATIC CLING allows easy application or removal from any smooth surface with no trace residue
Heat Control Window Film, Window Tint Sun Blocking Blackout and UV Protection, one-Way Privacy Mirror Reflective Film,Explosion-Proof Premium PET Material Cosmic Black, 17.5 Inch x 6.5 Feet
- 【UV Protection】Continuous exposure to the sun will cause high room temperature, aging furniture, and sunburn on the skin. Heat insulation film that can block 90% of UV and 50% of heat.It can perfectly solve this problem, and you will have a feeling of visibly cooler after use. It can also save your air-conditioning electricity bill.
- 【High Quality】What an embarrassing thing if the window film blisters and fades after exposure to the sun. In summer, the glass temperature can reach 60℃, ordinary window film will definitely foam, but the window film with glue PET material will not. avoid frequent replacement, waste your time and money.
- 【Privacy Protection】After sticking the window film, the outside looks like a mirror during the day, and I promise you can’t see inside even if you use a telescope. But the inside can still clearly see the outside.It also makes the house more beautiful.
- 【Safety Protection】When the window glass is hit by objects entrapped by a ball or typhoon, the splash of glass slag can cause serious injury to people. Only PET window film with glue can be explosion-proof. Only our videos dare to do real tests.
- A lot of customer feedback, referring to the video will be very helpful for you to paste the film! I am more than happy to answer any questions you have. We cherish every opportunity for service, if there is any dissatisfaction, I will definitely solve it for you, as long as you contact me.
How to pick the right window light blocking
The right window light blocking for your needs shouldn’t have you doing research all weekend and missing out on other plans. In general, there are a few simple things that you should consider before choosing the window light blocking that will work best for your needs.
Let’s check them out below:
Before You Buy window light blocking, You Should Think About It
Think about what the window light blocking offers before buying it. We’ll go over some of the most important ones below, but there are more things to consider before buying window light blocking.
Think about how the product is made before anything else. Products with better quality materials tend to be more reliable and last longer than those made with lower quality materials. Before you buy something, find out what materials were used to make it to see if that affects the price.
Durability is the time a product can last before replacing or fixing it. A product with better quality should last longer than one with less quality. A good product will pay for itself in the long run because you won’t have to buy a new one for a long time.
There are pros and cons to both large and small window light blocking. However, they lack the value-adding features that make them efficient, despite being handy, portable and taking up little space. Larger window light blocking have more efficiency features but are also costlier. Additionally, they take up more space.
The most important thing to consider when picking a window light blocking is comfort. A window light blocking comfort level depends on the material it is made from and constructed. The material used should be reviewed, and other users’ complaints should be investigated.
Before investing in a window light blocking, you must consider the price. Each product has a different price range. It is possible to find cheap window light blocking and expensive ones. Therefore, before buying, you should check the price and compare it with other products. The best window light blocking for your budget will be one that suits your needs perfectly. Avoid buying the most expensive window light blocking.
Brand plays a big part in choosing window light blocking. Get a product from a reputable company if you want a good experience. I usually don’t recommend buying off-brand knock-offs. The best brand will provide you with a high standard of service. If something goes wrong with your unit, you will receive great aftermarket support if you stick with a reputable company.
Always consider your budget when making a big purchase. A window light blocking can be found at various price ranges depending on its capabilities. Getting the most expensive model available might not be the best idea. Having a fixed, reasonable spending limit will ensure you get the most out of your budget. Then, you can choose something within your budget range and avoid distractions. It is common to have buyer’s remorse if you purchase a unit that exceeds your budget, regardless of its quality.
The amount of use a product can withstand before failing or breaking down totally is referred to as its reliability. If a product is well-made, it should last as long as it says it will without needing repairs or replacements. The upfront cost of a reliable product may be more than that of a less reliable one.
What To Think About When Buying window light blocking
We all buy things all the time. We buy things like food and drinks that we need regularly, but we also think about other things we need to buy to keep our lives running smoothly. When we buy big things like furniture or appliances, we do a lot of research to make sure we make the right choice. We buy many things we don’t need just because we want to keep them in our homes. It’s important to keep a few things in mind when shopping, so you don’t waste your money.
Don’t Let The Ad Change Your Mind.
The ads we see have a big effect on what we buy. A few of a product’s most important features are highlighted, and we’re more likely to be interested in the copy, including memorable phrases and eye-catching pictures and videos. The point of the ad is to make you think about the things about the product that will affect your decision. Sometimes the small details of a product can make it hard to tell what we’re looking at. In today’s world, where the internet is a one-stop shop for all kinds of information, almost every business that advertises its brand has a website. Before you buy, you should ask your friends or family about the product’s reviews and look at the product’s website for the information you can trust.
Be Careful When Making A Choice
Even if it’s just for show, you can always buy it to make your home look better. But if the product is useful, you must first figure out if it will be useful to you before you buy it. You won’t get your money’s worth out of a product if you don’t use it to its fullest. It doesn’t make sense to buy a big fridge if you’re not going to use most of the space inside. A pressure cooker can also be a waste of money if you only need one for two people.
Think About How Long It’ll Last
Since you’re buying the thing for a certain reason, you’re putting money into it. So, there is also worry about how long the product will last. When comparing prices for the same type of product from different sellers, durability is an important thing to think about. If your smart mobile gadget is expensive, you probably don’t want to keep using it for the next five years. In five years, hardware and software will have changed a lot, and the gadget you’re using now may not be able to be fixed because there won’t be any spare parts. Getting a good return on your money means buying something that will last for a long time. For example, many companies that make refrigerators offer a standard 2- to 5-year warranty that can be extended in certain situations. You probably think that your fridge will last a lot longer than your smartphone does right now. A light bulb works the same way as a fan. Before you buy something, take a moment to think about how long you want to use it. Should you spend much money on something you’ll only use for a few months?
Check To See If It Works
Even if you’re happy with your window light blocking right now, you’ll be upset when a new model comes out and you have to wait for it. You should also check your computer’s main memory (RAM), which is what the CPU needs to do its work. To get the most out of a product, it must be as efficient as possible. Even though the appliance has a star rating, many companies sell appliances that don’t meet the required power ratings. Compare how much power these products use to how much power their branded counterparts use, and if there is a difference, don’t buy them. Don’t skimp on the best products because they are more expensive. They will always make your investment worth more.
Choose Easier Things, And Cheaper To Take Care Of
Keep it in good shape to get the most out of your gear. When it comes to taking care of your window light blocking, knowing more is better. Most devices have a user manual that tells you what to do and what not to do, but you won’t get one for your house. The builder may give you a pamphlet that lists features and laws, but if you own a home built by that developer, it is your responsibility to follow those rules and laws. It’s important to know what kind of paint to use when painting the inside and outside a house.