With the combination of features and specs, it can’t be beaten. They can be expensive, leaving some to find one of the best cheap laptop alternatives.
The cheap laptop alternatives are designed to mimic the feel of the original products without the high price point or use of harmful materials.
This is why we dug in and came out with our list of the best cheap laptop alternatives for anyone who might not be able to afford one or may not be a fan of this brand.
But is there any real merit to going the alternative route? Is it just a fad, or does ditching the minty stuff do you good?
Let’s take a look at some contenders for the teeth-cleaning crown!
Dell ChromeBook 11.6 Inch HD (1366 x 768) Laptop NoteBook PC, Intel Celeron N2840, Camera, HDMI,...
|9.5||Buy on Amazon|
2022 Newest ASUS Military-Grade Student Laptop, 11.6" HD Certified Eye-Care Display, Intel Dual-Core...
|9.3||Buy on Amazon|
HP 1FX82UT#ABA Chromebook - 11 G5 EE 11.6 inches 1366 x 768 Intel Celeron N3060 Dual core (2 Core)...
|9.4||Buy on Amazon|
Asus E410 Intel Celeron N4020 4GB 64GB 14-Inch HD LED Win 10 Laptop (Star Black)
|9.5||Buy on Amazon|
Lenovo IdeaPad 3 11 Chromebook Laptop, 11.6" HD Display, Intel Celeron N4020, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage,...
|9.4||Buy on Amazon|
Acer Chromebook 11 N7 11.6" 16GB Flash 4GB RAM Traditional Laptop (NX.GM8AA.001;C731-C8VEN)...
|9.5||Buy on Amazon|
Newest HP 14" HD Laptop, Windows 11, Intel Celeron Dual-Core Processor Up to 2.60GHz, 4GB RAM, 64GB...
|9.2||Buy on Amazon|
Dell Touchscreen Chromebook 11 3120 Intel Celeron N2840, 4GB RAM, 16GB eMMC SSD Storage, Chrome OS,...
|9.8||Buy on Amazon|
HP Stream 11 Laptop, Intel Celeron N4020, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB Storage, 11.6” HD Anti-Glare Display,...
|9.8||Buy on Amazon|
HP Chromebook 11-inch Laptop - MediaTek - MT8183 - 4 GB RAM - 32 GB eMMC Storage - 11.6-inch HD...
|9.6||Buy on Amazon|
List of Best cheap laptop & Alternatives
Why Should You Use cheap laptop alternatives
The cheap laptop alternatives aren’t just necessary for avoiding the cost of pricey models; they’re also a little fun. There are many reasons people like having a cheap laptop alternatives:
- Adds personalization and character
- It gives you a secure feeling
- Sometimes even better performance
- They can get more features than the original brand
- Some knock-off brands even manufacture the more solid product
- Vibrant Color
Dell ChromeBook 11.6 Inch HD (1366 x 768) Laptop NoteBook PC, Intel Celeron N2840, Camera, HDMI, WIFI, USB 3.0, SD Card Reader (Renewed)
- 11. 6 Inch HD (1366 x 768) Screen, High Quality Camera, Wireless WIFI, HDMI, SD Card Reader, 2 x USB 3. 0, Head Phone Jack.
- 4 GB Ram / 16 GB Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Processor: Intel Celeron N2840 Processor, High Performance (Dual Core, 2. 58 GHz Burst, 1MB cache, 4. 5W).
- Chrome OS
2022 Newest ASUS Military-Grade Student Laptop, 11.6" HD Certified Eye-Care Display, Intel Dual-Core Processor, 4GB RAM, Ethernet Port, Spill-Resistant Keyboard, USB Type-C, Win10 Pro (256GB Storage)
- 【Liberating Battery Life】Take on the day with up to 10 hours of battery life; if the battery charge drops 20% or the notebook loses connectivity, the LED indicator lights up alerting teachers that students need help
- 【Designed for K-12 Students】The BR1100 is the perfect learning companion with its durable qualities like the scratch-resistant cover and all-rounded rubber bumper .The tamper-resistant keyboard ensures that it will stay in one piece for next lesson. With the increased need to work on devices, having a low emission blue light screen helps students stay focused without eye-strain.
- 【Military-grade】Passed demanding military-grade MIL-STD-810G to ensure they survive from bumps, knocks or whatever happens
- 【Eye-care Display】TÜV certified eye-care display with low emission blue light screen helps students stay focused without eye-strain
- 【Modernized Keyboard】The idea of child centered design features the spill-resistant, germproof keyboard and enlarged touchpad
HP 1FX82UT#ABA Chromebook - 11 G5 EE 11.6 inches 1366 x 768 Intel Celeron N3060 Dual core (2 Core) 1.60 GHz 4 GB RAM 16 GB SSD 16 GB Flash Memory Chrome OS HD Graphics 400 (Renewed)
- Turn on your Chromebook in seconds thanks to the user friendly Chrome OS and access your favorite apps anywhere with Wifi to keep your day going smoothly without a hitch.
- This Chromebook is light and fast utilizing an Intel Celeron 1.60 GHz processor and weighing in at 2.71.
- Access up to 16GB of storage quickly and efficiently with 4GB of Ram.
Asus E410 Intel Celeron N4020 4GB 64GB 14-Inch HD LED Win 10 Laptop (Star Black)
- Webcam / Wi-Fi 802.11 / Stereo speakers
- 3-cell Li-ion Battery / AC power adapter / Windows 10
- Intel Celeron N4020 Dual-Core Processor 1.1GHz Up to 2.8GHz / 4GB SDRAM / 64GB eMMC Storage
- 2 USB Type-A HDMI / Card reader / 1 headphone/microphone combo
- 14-inch HD LED Display (1366 x 768) / Integrated Intel Graphics
Lenovo IdeaPad 3 11 Chromebook Laptop, 11.6" HD Display, Intel Celeron N4020, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage, Intel UHD Graphics 600, Chrome OS, Onyx Black
- Stay connected with the 720p webcam, 2x2 WiFi 5 (802.11 ac), and Bluetooth 4.2 combo with WiFi card. You'll also have 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 12 (Type-C) ports, 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 12 (Type-A) ports, a microSD Card Reader, and an audio combo jack
- Take it with you. With up to 10 hours of battery life, you can stay productive on the go
- No setup required. Log in to your Chromebook laptop with your Google account and you're ready to go. Easy access to collaborative tools on G Suite and the full library of apps on Google Play
- Slim and lightweight, this notebook computer goes anywhere. Running on lightning-fast Chrome OS, it boots up in seconds, updates automatically, and keeps you safe with built-in virus protection
- Enjoy your favorite streaming videos and music. The 3-side narrow bezel HD display delivers beautiful clarity, while dual 2W stereo speakers offer crystal-clear audio
Acer Chromebook 11 N7 11.6" 16GB Flash 4GB RAM Traditional Laptop (NX.GM8AA.001;C731-C8VEN) (Renewed)
- 11.6" (1366 x 768) display
- 4GB DDR3L SDRAM
- Google Chrome OS This is a Professionally Refurbished item. While this item has been tested to be in great working condition, it will show minor signs of use and cosmetic blemishes which do not affect the functionality of the item.
- Intel Celeron Processor N3060
- Integrated Intel HD Graphics 400
Newest HP 14" HD Laptop, Windows 11, Intel Celeron Dual-Core Processor Up to 2.60GHz, 4GB RAM, 64GB SSD, Webcam, Dale Pink(Renewed) (Dale Pink)
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, HP Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone
- Windows 11 OS, Dale Pink
- 3x USB Type A, 1x SD Card Reader, 1x Headphone/Microphone
- 14” Diagonal HD BrightView WLED-Backlit (1366 x 768), Intel Graphics,
- Intel Celeron Dual-Core Processor Up to 2.60GHz, 4GB RAM, 64GB SSD
Dell Touchscreen Chromebook 11 3120 Intel Celeron N2840, 4GB RAM, 16GB eMMC SSD Storage, Chrome OS, Black (Renewed)
- Gigabit Ethernet + 802. 11ac wireless
- 1366x768 IPS Display
- Intel HD Graphics
- Automatic updates help Chromebook 11 stay ahead of the curve.
- Up to 7 hour battery life
HP Stream 11 Laptop, Intel Celeron N4020, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB Storage, 11.6” HD Anti-Glare Display, Windows 11, Long Battery Life, Thin & Portable, Includes Microsoft 365 (11-ak0040nr, 2021 Diamond White)
- CONNECTIVITY WHENEVER YOU NEED IT – Sync up all your Bluetooth accessories and enjoy strong Wi-Fi connectivity with the reliable Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi (7) and Bluetooth 5.0 combo (8).
- LIBERATING BATTERY LIFE – Take on the day without worrying about recharging with up to 13 hours and 15 minutes of battery life (5).
- PORTABLE AND EXPRESSIVE DESIGN – Stay productive and connected all day with an HP laptop that is affordable, portable, and incredibly stylish.
- MICROSOFT 365 – Bring your ideas to life with the Microsoft 365 Office suite, now offering Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with added smart assistance features to up your creative game (1-year subscription included) (9).
- DUAL-CORE PROCESSOR – Power through your workday with the great performance and instant responsiveness of the dual-core Intel Celeron N4020 processor (2).
HP Chromebook 11-inch Laptop - MediaTek - MT8183 - 4 GB RAM - 32 GB eMMC Storage - 11.6-inch HD Display - with Chrome OS™ - (11a-na0010nr, 2020 model)
- 1-YEAR WARRANTY - Confidently work and play with a 1-year limited hardware warranty
- ALWAYS ON THE GO - Take this light and durable HP Chromebook with you anywhere. It travels well and has a long battery life, so you can stay connected without having to search for an outlet
- PORTS and CONNECTIVITY - Enjoy rock-solid connections with the latest Wi-Fi 5 WLAN adapter and Bluetooth 4.2 as well as reliable external ports in the Headphone/Microphone combo and USB 2.0 Type-A and Type-C ports
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY - Do the environment–and your wallet–a favor with a Chromebook that is ENERGY STAR certified, EPEAT Silver registered, and uses low halogen cables
- THE GOOGLE EXPERIENCE - Enjoy the seamless simplicity that comes with Google Chrome and Android apps, all integrated into one laptop. It’s fast, simple, and secure
How to pick the right cheap laptop alternative
The right cheap laptop alternative for your needs shouldn’t have you doing research all weekend, missing out on other plans. In general, there are a few simple things that you should consider before choosing the cheap laptop alternative that will work best for your needs.
Let’s check them out below:
Before You Buy cheap laptop, You Should Think About It
Think about what the cheap laptop offers before buying it. We'll go over some of the most important ones below, but there are more things to consider before buying cheap laptop.
Think about how the product is made before anything else. Products with better quality materials tend to be more reliable and last longer than those made with lower quality materials. Before you buy something, find out what materials were used to make it to see if that affects the price.
Durability is the time a product can last before replacing or fixing it. A product with better quality should last longer than one with less quality. A good product will pay for itself in the long run because you won't have to buy a new one for a long time.
There are pros and cons to both large and small cheap laptop. However, they lack the value-adding features that make them efficient, despite being handy, portable and taking up little space. Larger cheap laptop have more efficiency features but are also costlier. Additionally, they take up more space.
The most important thing to consider when picking a cheap laptop is comfort. A cheap laptop comfort level depends on the material it is made from and constructed. The material used should be reviewed, and other users' complaints should be investigated.
Before investing in a cheap laptop , you must consider the price. Each product has a different price range. It is possible to find cheap cheap laptop and expensive ones. Therefore, you should check the price and compare it with other products before buying. The best cheap laptop for your budget will be one that suits your needs perfectly. Avoid buying the most expensive cheap laptop.
Brand plays a big part in choosing cheap laptop. Get a product from a reputable company if you want a good experience. I usually don't recommend buying off-brand knock-offs. The best brand will provide you with a high standard of service. If something goes wrong with your unit, you will receive great aftermarket support if you stick with a reputable company.
Always consider your budget when making a big purchase. A cheap laptop can be found at various price ranges depending on its capabilities. Getting the most expensive model available might not be the best idea. Having a fixed, reasonable spending limit will ensure you get the most out of your budget. Then, you can choose something within your budget range and avoid distractions. It is common to have buyer's remorse if you purchase a unit that exceeds your budget, regardless of its quality.
The amount of use a product can withstand before failing or breaking down totally is referred to as its reliability. If a product is well-made, it should last as long as it says it will without needing repairs or replacements. The upfront cost of a reliable product may be more than that of a less reliable one.
What To Think About When Buying cheap laptop
We all buy things all the time. We buy things like food and drinks that we need regularly, but we also think about other things we need to buy to keep our lives running smoothly. When we buy big things like furniture or appliances, we do a lot of research to make sure we make the right choice. We buy many things we don't need just because we want to keep them in our homes. It's important to keep a few things in mind when shopping, so you don't waste your money.
Don't Let The Ad Change Your Mind.
The ads we see have a big effect on what we buy. A few of a product's most important features are highlighted, and we're more likely to be interested in the copy, including memorable phrases and eye-catching pictures and videos. The point of the ad is to make you think about the things about the product that will affect your decision. Sometimes the small details of a product can make it hard to tell what we're looking at. In today's world, where the internet is a one-stop shop for all kinds of information, almost every business that advertises its brand has a website. Before you buy, you should ask your friends or family about the product's reviews and look at the product's website for the information you can trust.
Be Careful When Making A Choice
Even if it's just for show, you can always buy it to make your home look better. But if the product is useful, you must first figure out if it will be useful to you before you buy it. You won't get your money's worth out of a product if you don't use it to its fullest. It doesn't make sense to buy a big fridge if you're not going to use most of the space inside. A pressure cooker can also be a waste of money if you only need one for two people.
Think About How Long It'll Last
Since you're buying the thing for a certain reason, you're putting money into it. So, there is also worry about how long the product will last. When comparing prices for the same type of product from different sellers, durability is an important thing to think about. If your smart mobile gadget is expensive, you probably don't want to keep using it for the next five years. In five years, hardware and software will have changed a lot, and the gadget you're using now may not be able to be fixed because there won't be any spare parts. Getting a good return on your money means buying something that will last for a long time. For example, many companies that make refrigerators offer a standard 2- to 5-year warranty that can be extended in certain situations. You probably think that your fridge will last a lot longer than your smartphone does right now. A light bulb works the same way as a fan. Before you buy something, take a moment to think about how long you want to use it. Should you spend much money on something you'll only use for a few months?
Check To See If It Works
Even if you're happy with your cheap laptop right now, you'll be upset when a new model comes out and you have to wait for it. You should also check your computer's main memory (RAM), which is what the CPU needs to do its work. To get the most out of a product, it must be as efficient as possible. Even though the appliance has a star rating, many companies sell appliances that don't meet the required power ratings. Compare how much power these products use to how much power their branded counterparts use, and if there is a difference, don't buy them. Don't skimp on the best products because they are more expensive. They will always make your investment worth more.
Choose Easier Things, And Cheaper To Take Care Of
Keep it in good shape to get the most out of your gear. When it comes to taking care of your cheap laptop, knowing more is better. Most devices have a user manual that tells you what to do and what not to do, but you won't get one for your house. The builder may give you a pamphlet that lists features and laws, but if you own a home built by that developer, it is your responsibility to follow those rules and laws. It's important to know what kind of paint to use when painting the inside and outside a house.